New Xerox Web Capture Service Said to Eliminate ‘Pain Points’ of Document Scanning and Processing
Xerox is today introducing its new Web Capture Service, an automated cloud-based solution, that’s designed to make scanning and processing of documents faster and easier, and is only available through Xerox channel partners. The firm notes that importing a hard copy scan of documents such as purchase orders, invoices, and receipts, for instance, into applications such as QuickBooks or Microsoft Office 365 can take multiple steps, several programs, and much time. This is especially true in small and mid-size businesses (SMBs) that rely on Web-based applications as part of their business processes. However, it says its new Web Capture Service helps channel partners solve this common scanning-to-application “pain point” for their customers with this simple workflow automation tool.
Xerox also notes that the document scanning and processing workflow is, for many SMBs, an important first step to automating their business workflows. In a Xerox survey, 72 percent of SMBs report they either have no workflow automation in place, or have just started to implement these processes.
The firm says that its new Web Capture Service is the only solution that automates and scans a document for immediate use without requiring the additional steps of creating files, renaming documents, and importing them into an application. Sold only through Xerox channel partners, Web Capture Service can be used with any scanner, regardless of brand, and works with most Web applications, such as Microsoft Office 365, QuickBooks, Salesforce, SAP, Concur, and more.
Key features of Web Capture Services include:
- Embedded to Web-based application: automatically embeds scanned documents into a user’s cloud app.
- Easy installation: Install the Xerox Web Capture browser extension in seconds.
- Any-to-Any Operation: Automatically discover the document-scanning devices that users already have connected to your computer or the network.
- “Follow Me” Scanning: Scanned documents reside securely within Xerox Web Capture on the cloud, enabling users to capture from one device and process at another location.
- ConnectKey Integration: With Xerox MFPs, Web Capture users can invoke scanning to personal cloud space for immediate access from a desktop Web browser.
- Once users are subscribed, installation is automatic, and can be immediately used.
Web Capture Service is one of several new Xerox offerings and tools that are designed to help channel partners capture revenue beyond hardware and supplies:
- Xerox’s new Productivity Packs for ConnectKey i-Series MFPs are pre-packaged, turnkey apps targeted at vertical segments, including education, healthcare, finance, and general office. The apps are said to eliminate manual, time-consuming, and error-prone tasks by converting paper-based processes into automated digital workflows. Each Productivity Pack contains five workflow applications designed for the specific vertical segment, so that partners can achieve vertical-market penetration without a software engineer and systems integrator to develop that workflow in-house.
- With 18 new industry applications, use cases, and sales strategies, the updated Xerox Partner Solutions Playbook 2.0, is an interactive library of customer scenarios, and is designed to help partners sell workflow solutions, collaborate and share ideas with other partners, and custom-build applications.
Web Capture Service is available now to select Xerox partners in the United States, and will be available in the first quarter of 2017 to all Xerox partners in the United States, Europe, and Canada. Xerox’s Productivity Packs are available immediately in Europe, and will be available in 2017 in the United States and Canada. Xerox’s Partner Solutions Playbook 2.0 is available immediately in the United States and Europe.
For more information on Xerox’s new Web Capture Service, visit the firm here.
- November 2016: New Xerox Phaser 6515 Color A4 MFP with Tablet-Like Touch Screen, Mobile Connectivity, and $439 SRP
- September 2016: New Xerox Small-Office WorkCentre MFPs, Phaser Printer Start at $299, Said to Provide Exceptional Ease-of-Use
- September 2016: New Xerox DocuMate 3125 Features Faster Scan Speeds, Improved Solutions Compatibility
- August 2016: New Xerox DocuMate 6440 Scans up to 60 Two-Sided Color Pages per Minute
- June 2016: Xerox Integrating Dokmee Document-Capture Software into Scanners, DocuShare
- May 2016: Xerox Rolls Out Secure Print Manager Suite 2.0, MFP App Customization Service, Plus New Workflow-Automation Solutions
- April 2016: In this Corner: New Duplexing Scanner from Xerox Weighs in at Just One Pound