Xerox today rolled out what it’s billing as affordable printers for small businesses that deliver the capabilities of more expensive counterparts, the new A4 Phaser 6510 color printer ($319 SRP) and WorkCentre 6515 color MFP ($439 SRP). The firm says that both models feature easy setup and productivity-enhancing tools such as two-sided, single-pass scanning. The WorkCentre 6515 color MFP also features a 5″ app-based, tablet-like touchscreen user interface that provides previews of scanned documents, editing features, easy navigation, and the ability to customize workflows. The MFP also features a paper capacity of up to 850-sheets and new Super-Fine EA toner that Xerox says delivers “the type of performance typically seen in large enterprise environments.”
“Until now, the options for small business printing have been mostly products with marginal capabilities, limiting the types of jobs small businesses can manage on their own,” commented Tracey Koziol, senior vice president of Xerox’s Office and Solutions Business Group. “The market has been waiting for affordable, high-powered products like these.”
The new Phaser 6510 color printer and WorkCentre 6515 color MFP, which print on up to letter- and legal-size paper and use toner-based LED (light emitting diode) printing technology, also provide mobile connectivity with virtually any device, enabling users to print from tablets and mobile phones, eliminating having to forward documents to a PC for printing.
Advancements in Xerox’s new Super-Fine EA toner – debuting in the Phaser 6510 color printer and WorkCentre 6515 color MFP – create more accurate and detailed print jobs, says Xerox.
Other key features include:
- Optional Wi-Fi Direct connectivity for secure printing from mobile phones and tablets.
- Mobile printing with support for Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Xerox Print Service Plug-In for Android, and Mopria.
- With the MFP, multiple scan-to destinations are available, including scan to email, FTP sites, a corporate network, and to the printer’s built-in USB 3.0 port, with the ability to send to multiple destinations in a single scan job.
- Cloud connectivity for scanning and printing directly to and from the cloud with Xerox Mobile Link.
- Monthly duty cycle of up to 50,000 pages and print speeds of up to 30 ppm in both black and color.
- With the MFP, two-sided, single-pass scanning at up to 37 impressions per minute.
- 1,200 x 2,400 native dpi resolution.
The WorkCentre 6515 color MFP features copy, scan to email, fax, print, scan; 10/100/1000 BaseT Ethernet network interface; USB 3.0 port; Adobe PostScript 3 and PCL 5e/6 print drivers; 50-sheet single-pass duplex automatic document feeder that accepts documents up to 8.5″ x 14″ in size; Pantone Color approved solid-color simulations; Xerox Color Correction Technology; and optional wireless network adapter ($49). For information on replacement toner cartridges, visit Xerox here.
The Phaser 6510 is virtually the same as the MFP, but doesn’t have the same touchscreen, and is a printer only. For replacement toner cartridges, visit Xerox here.
The Phaser 6510 color printer and WorkCentre 6515 color MFP are available immediately worldwide, with distribution directly through e-commerce sites and Xerox channel partners.
- September 2016: New Xerox Small-Office WorkCentre MFPs, Phaser Printer Start at $299, Said to Provide Exceptional Ease-of-Use
- September 2016: New Xerox DocuMate 3125 Features Faster Scan Speeds, Improved Solutions Compatibility
- August 2016: New Xerox DocuMate 6440 Scans up to 60 Two-Sided Color Pages per Minute
- June 2016: Xerox Integrating Dokmee Document-Capture Software into Scanners, DocuShare
- May 2016: Xerox Rolls Out Secure Print Manager Suite 2.0, MFP App Customization Service, Plus New Workflow-Automation Solutions
- April 2016: In this Corner: New Duplexing Scanner from Xerox Weighs in at Just One Pound