On November 10th, Konica Minolta Business Solutions USA launched a new version of its automated document workflow application, Dispatcher Phoenix Enterprise Content Management (ECM). Billed as an “ideal solution for companies requiring powerful ECM capabilities,” Konica Minolta says Dispatcher Phoenix ECM provides advanced document-batch scanning, document-batch indexing, and document-verification features, as well as a report generator tool and batch manager.
With Dispatcher Phoenix ECM, the firm says organizations can easily capture, organize, and store their important business documents in various content management systems, including Microsoft SharePoint, OnBase by Hyland, Worldox by World Software, Workshare, Box, Dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive, Konica Minolta’s FileAssist, Google Drive, etc.
New offerings include:
- Dispatcher Phoenix ECM – This new edition includes all features of the Dispatcher Phoenix Foundations application, along with document batch scanning/indexing tools (Dispatcher Phoenix Workstation, batch indexing, verification, ECM Reports, batch manager), and Dispatcher Phoenix add-in options, such as ODBC processing, advanced OCR, barcode-processing, forms-processing, Release2Me for follow-you printing, convert to Microsoft Office and PDF, OnBase and SharePoint connectors, mobile user licenses, and more.
- Dispatcher Phoenix Basic – This entry-level ECM edition includes all features of Dispatcher Phoenix Foundations, along with document-batch scanning and indexing tools (Dispatcher Phoenix Workstation, batch indexing, batch verification, ECM reports and batch manager). ODBC processing and metadata bundle options are included as well.
- Dispatcher Phoenix Workstation for batch scanning ─ The Dispatcher Phoenix Workstation is said to be an easy-to-use desktop application for document-batch scanning that works with any manufacturer’s high-speed scanner. A variety of pre-scan options are available, including the ability to automatically separate documents based on barcode, patch code, blank pages detected, specified page count, etc. Once documents are scanned into the Workstation, scan operators can reorder, rotate, and flip pages, split/merge documents, rescan or insert missing pages and more, using a real-time thumbnail image view.
- Batch Indexing ─ Another feature of Dispatcher Phoenix ECM, document-batch indexing, allows operators to index documents before they are exported to other systems. To increase accuracy and speed indexing time, fields can be automatically populated with data from any ODBC-compliant database or information captured from forms processing, zonal OCR, etc. The Batch Indexing tool is available from Dispatcher Phoenix’s Web-user interface, allowing operators to index documents from their own workstation using a Web browser “with zero deployment efforts.”
- Document Verification ─ This Web-based verification tool allows operators to check the quality of the scanned images in the batch, approve or reject documents, zoom in and out, page through documents using a variety of keyboard shortcuts, and more.
- ECM Reports ─ Administrators can track activity for productivity and billing with the online report generator tool. ECM reports can be generated and downloaded into PDF or CSV file format.
- Batch Manager ─ A one-stop view of all active batches is available from Dispatcher Phoenix Web. From this centralized location, administrators and indexing operators can unlock, monitor, and access batches.
- July 2016: Konica Minolta Releases Latest Version of Dispatcher Phoenix with with New Web Interface, More
- September 2015: Konica Minolta’s New DP Mobile App Enables Users to Access Dispatcher Phoenix from Mobile Devices
- April 2015: Konica Minolta Adds Prescription-Form Printing with bizhub MFPs to Dispatcher Phoenix Healthcare
- December 2014: Konica Minolta’s New Dispatcher Phoenix Government Provides More Secure and Efficient Document Workflows
- July 2014: Dispatcher Phoenix Finance Now Available for Konica Minolta MFPs
- June 2014: Konica Minolta’s Latest Dispatcher Phoenix Adds Scan to Cloud
- June 2013: New Konica Minolta OnBase App and Dispatcher Phoenix OnBase Connectors for bizhub MFPs