Last week, Fujitsu Computer Products of America announced new software integrations for its ScanSnap Cloud solution for scanning and routing documents to cloud-based document- and photo-storage and sharing Web sites. Introduced in June 2016, ScanSnap Cloud is compatible with various cloud-based storage solutions, including Google Drive, Evernote, Dropbox, Expensify, and Google Photos, and is now compatible with the Box, LedgerDocs, Rocket Matter, and Shoeboxed cloud sites.
ScanSnap Cloud is a free feature that enables users of Fujitsu ScanSnap document scanners to route scanned data directly to a cloud service without the need for a computer or mobile device.
With Fujitsu’s announcement, users can now scan directly from their Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 or iX100 document scanner to Box, LedgerDocs, Rocket Matter, and Shoeboxed.
Box’s Jamie Perlman, vice president of Business Development for Box, says that the Box open, extensible API enables Box to become the content layer in any application, and, through its latest integration with ScanSnap, it’s extending Box’s content-management capabilities to users, enabling them to securely access their content anywhere.
Wayne Zielke, CEO and founder of LedgerDocs, commented, “We are delighted to be a part of Fujitsu’s new cloud-based product line. One of the most difficult parts of the bookkeeping and accounting process is receiving and finding information; this integration makes sharing files between small business owners and their bookkeeper or accountant even easier. Having the ability to turn a physical document into a high quality digital scan in LedgerDocs in one step is a big plus for us.”
ScanSnap Cloud is now available for all new and current ScanSnap iX Series customers. Customers can access the free ScanSnap Cloud download at www.ScanSnapCloud.com.
For more information on ScanSnap Cloud, visit Fujitsu here.
- August 2016: New Fujitsu fi-7030 Document Scanner with Enhanced Image-Processing Software
- June 2016: New Fujitsu Departmental Document Scanners Start at $3,995
- June 2016: New ScanSnap Cloud for Fujitsu Scanners for One-Touch Routing to Cloud Sites
- October 2015: Canon and Fujitsu Join Forces to Develop Solutions Using Network Cameras
- March 2015: New Fujitsu fi-6400 Production-Level Document Scanner Scans at up to 100 PPM
- December 2014: ABBYY Europe Partnering with Fujitsu to Expand Document-Capture Solutions
- October 2014: Ricoh Expands Fujitsu Offerings to Include Network Storage, Servers, Tablets and Notebooks
- February 2014: Fujitsu Launches Rent-a-Scanner Service