Canon U.S.A. reports that it will now offer uniFLOW Secure Print Applets to support select OKI and Samsung copier/MFPs. The uniFLOW Secure Print Applet provides an embedded Secure Printing experience with a “consistent uniFLOW look and feel,” according to Canon, for customers in certain mixed-fleet environments, providing a single-user interface as users move from networked device-to-device. Professional installation is required.
Using the built-in touchscreen and keypad on the customer’s existing MFP, the uniFLOW Secure Print Applet can help provide access controls to the device, and to print jobs, by requiring users to authenticate themselves at the MFP using their PIN code, username/password, or simply by swiping their access card. The embedded applet also enables print jobs to follow the user from networked device-to-device, allowing customers to release print jobs from compatible MFPs with the embedded applet installed.
“A comprehensive print management plan not only provides for security features and ease of use, but also flexibility, both in daily operation and in the long-term,” commented Randy Dazo, group director at market-research firm InfoTrends. “By extending its offering of the uniFLOW Secure Print Applet to Non-Canon devices, Canon is demonstrating its confidence in uniFLOW and its abilities to provide a solution that can adapt to customers’ office technology, as they continually transform and grow.”
The uniFLOW Secure Print Applet is now available for select OKI and Samsung MFPs through Canon Authorized Dealers and Canon Solutions America. Prices are set by dealers and may vary. For more information on uniFLOW, visit Canon here.
- September 2016: uniFLOW Embedded Applet for OKI Devices Provides Secure Printing, Cost-Accounting
- August 2016: Canon Introduces New Cloud-Based uniFLOW Print-Management Solution, Plus ADVANCE Cloud Portal V 2.0
- September 2014: Canon’s Latest uniFLOW V5.3 Provides New uniFLOW Release Station for Multi-Vendor Secure Print Release, More Scan to Cloud Destinations
- May 2013: Canon’s Next-Generation of uniFLOW Provides Management of both Office and Print-Room Scan and Print from One Platform
- January 2012: Canon Launches Next-Generation uniFlow, Adds Printing from Mobile Devices, More Scan Destinations
- December 2010: Canon Releases Latest Version of uniFLOW Fleet-Management Solution