EFI and Konica Minolta Extend Partnership to Include Cloud-Based Solutions for Production Printing
Electronics For Imaging (EFI) reports that it’s entered into an extended partnership arrangement with Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. for Konica Minolta to re-sell cloud-based EFI workflow packages to its customers. Konica Minolta currently re-sells EFI Fiery digital front ends for Konica Minolta bizhub digital printers and presses, along with EFI Digital StoreFront web-to-print software and EFI Wide Format printers. With the new arrangement, Konica Minolta says it’ll help customers automate their business operations using one of three print workflow offerings featuring either EFI PrintSmith Vision MIS and Digital StoreFront software or EFI Pace MIS/ERP software.
The offerings – sold as the PrintSmith Bundle, Premium Pace Bundle and Enterprise Pace Bundle for Konica Minolta – are said to give customers “significant benefits with streamlined, integrated job submission, estimating, accounting, scheduling and more, including integration with EFI Fiery color-management capabilities for digital printing.” The bundles are delivered as an out-of-the-box solution that the firm says can be up and running quickly. In addition to these new MIS offerings, Konica Minolta will resell Digital StoreFront in new Digital StoreFront Entry Level, Core and Digital Marketing Bundles.
“Our commitment to our customers goes beyond providing print engines. They stand to gain important benefits by improving their business processes with seamless, integrated business management tools,” said Kevin Kern, senior vice president, Business Intelligence Services and Product Development, Konica Minolta. “Using proven EFI Fiery digital production technology to connect a Konica Minolta bizhub press or an EFI Wide Format printer to a plant-wide business production workflow will reduce errors and drive automation, which ultimately helps our customers achieve greater productivity and profitability.”
“Using a cloud-based MIS solution has many benefits, especially for companies that do not have a strong IT staff or those that are looking to minimize IT hassles,” said Frank Mallozzi, senior vice president, Worldwide Sales and Marketing, EFI. “Konica Minolta customers stand to benefit from the opportunity to connect their Fiery Driven printing engines with an EFI MIS technology to establish worry-free, certified end-to-end production workflows. We’re pleased to be able to extend these additional solutions to Konica Minolta customers as an integrated offering.”
Printing, packaging and display graphics professionals around the globe rely on EFI’s portfolio of workflow products to manage their businesses and become more streamlined, efficient, informed and profitable. The new EFI MIS workflow bundles are available now from Konica Minolta and authorized Konica Minolta resellers.
- September 2016: Konica Minolta Showing New AccurioPRESS C2070, EngageIT iLabel Printer, More at Graph Expo
- Press Release: Production Print Solutions from Konica Minolta and Kodak Highlighted at Graph Expo 2016 Exhibit
- Press Release: Konica Minolta Announces the North American Launch of its Production Printing User Community PROKOM
- September 2016: New EFI Fiery MIC-4150 Controller for Konica Minolta bizhub 1052/1252 Production Printers
- May 2016: Konica Minolta to Re-Brand Commercial Printing Solutions with ‘Accurio’ Brand Name, Launch KM-1 Inkjet Press
- April 2016: Konica Minolta Expands Presence in Label-Printing Market with New bizhub PRESS C71cf
- February 2016: Konica Minolta Expands Production-Print Lineup with 100-PPM bizhub PRO 1100
- October 2015: Konica Minolta Preparing for Launch of KM-1 Inkjet Press for Commercial Printing
- September 2015: Konica Minolta Enters Industrial Printing Market with Launch of bizhub Press C71cf
- August 2015: Konica Minolta to Launch High-Speed Inkjet Textile Printer, the Nassenger SP-1, at End of 2015
- July 2015: Konica Minolta to Begin Mass Production of New Commercial, Industrial Inkjet Print Heads Next Spring
- July 2015: New Konica Minolta EngageIT Variable Data Solution for Variable-Data Printing
- June 2015: Three New Fiery Digital Front Ends for Konica Minolta Production Printers