Ricoh USA today announced the Ricoh Application Site, which offers device-based applications ranging from informational widgets, to advanced document-workflow components. These apps will be available with automated installation on Ricoh’s new and enhanced next-generation Smart Operation Panel-equipped (SOP) copier/MFPs.
Ricoh is also releasing a number of next-generation software products that it says are completely redesigned to take advantage of its new SOP interface. Collectively, the SOP, apps, and related software are all components of Ricoh’s Workstyle Innovation Technology.
Ricoh says its new interface provides easier usability by incorporating familiar tablet-operation gestures, such as swipe, pinch, and flick commonly used with smartphones and tablets.
A key enabler of Workstyle Innovation Technology is the RICOH Smart Device Connector, which enables users to control MFP functions from their mobile devices. It also enables users to connect their MFPs to other office devices, such as Ricoh projectors and Interactive Whiteboards.
Newly available SOP-optimized software products include:
- Ricoh’s Streamline NX and GlobalScan NX, which are said to help improve business processes through electronic-document workflow automation, and are now optimized for the SOP.
- Ricoh’s Integrated Cloud Environment (ICE), which provides simplified access to scanning, OCR file conversion, document delivery, and mobile-printing cloud services via the SOP’s simple interface.
- Nuance Unified Client, which offers a single embedded application of Nuance flagship products, including Nuance Equitrac, Nuance Output Manager, and Nuance AutoStore. The new client is said to increase user productivity through a single Print and Capture workflow experience that makes it easy for users to securely manage and distribute documents.
- PaperCut print-management software is said to “embrace” the advanced features of the SOP by enabling organizations to track who’s printing what, change user behaviors, assign budgets, increase document security, and simplify mobile and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) printing.
Other highlights of the Ricoh Application Site apps include:
- ID Card Scan & Copy, which enables scanning and printing of both sides of an ID card. The firm notes that those in the healthcare, insurance, higher-education, and real-estate environments often scan and copy ID cards such as insurance cards or drivers license. Scanned data can also be securely sent to a specific network folder, email address, or printed as a single page.
- Scan to Server for Microsoft SharePoint enables data to be sent to Microsoft SharePoint Server directly from an MFP.
- Shared Folder Print enables print files to be stored in a shared folder in a Microsoft Windows OS environment directly from the MFP. With this, users can review files and check print status before printing, helping to reduce wasted paper.
- Book Copy Helper automatically deletes shadows in output when copying books. Ricoh says users can obtain high-quality copy output regardless of Automatic Document Feeder position.
“What ‘today’s workplace’ means is constantly evolving, so businesses’ toolsets for sharing information, enhancing collaboration and driving productivity should be evolving, too,” commented John Brophy, vice president of Ricoh USA Product Marketing. “This is why we are working closely with developers and designers, both our own and our partners, as well as making a developers’ kit available. We want our customers to have the innovative tools they need to succeed, no matter how the demands on them change.”
The first wave of Ricoh’s apps are available today, with more planned for the near future. For more information on Ricoh’s current apps, visit Ricoh at its Application Site.
For more information on the Ricoh Developer Program, visit: http://ricoh-ridp.com/.
- September 2016: Ricoh Joins Laserfiche VAR Program for Enterprise Content Management Solutions
- une 2016: Ricoh’s Next-Generation A3 Color MFPs with Tablet-Like Operation Touchscreen, ICE Integration, More
- February 2016: New Ricoh Electronic Data Exchange Automates Capture and Storage of Diverse Healthcare Information
- June 2015: Ricoh Offering ECM’s Syncplicity Secure Cloud-Based Document-Storage and Sharing Solution
- April 2015: Ricoh Launches CHAMPS Cloud IT Services for Ricoh Dealers
- March 2015: Ricoh’s mindSHIFT Launches Cloud Servers in Amazon’s Web Services Market