As Xerox prepares to split into two companies by the end of this year, today it encouragingly reported that it had won a 10-year managed print services (MPS) contract with the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) worth $110 million.
Under the contract, Xerox will install and support up to 16,000 Xerox ConnectKey-enabled printers and copier/MFPs at more than 3,000 USDA sites around the world.
The firm says that the USDA is working with Xerox “to reduce costs while creating a print, copy, fax and scan environment with fewer but more powerful devices and a smaller environmental footprint.” It says that new tools – such as ready-to-use apps built into devices’ touchscreens -and enabled by Xerox ConnectKey technology – will support workers’ transition to digital workflows and provide detailed analytics to reduce print volumes and paper consumption.
Mike Zimmer, president of Xerox’s U.S. Large Enterprise Operations, commented: “According to Gartner, companies spend between one and three percent of their annual revenue on printing, and managed print services can help reduce the expenditure by nearly 30 percent. With Xerox’s technology and services, the USDA can reduce spending while modernizing their operations, improving security and freeing up vital IT resources to support mission-critical programs.”
For more information about Xerox’s MPS, visit Xerox here.
- August 2016: Xerox Reports Slight Revenue Decline for Second-Quarter Revenue, But Much Higher Net Income
- June 2016: Xerox Reports Strong Production-Inkjet Printer Sales at drupa Tradeshow
- May 2016: Xerox Rolls Out Secure Print Manager Suite 2.0, MFP App Customization Service, Plus New Workflow-Automation Solutions
- March 2016: New Xerox i-Series MFPs Feature Latest ConnectKey 3.0 Apps for Document-Processing, WorkFlow, Supply-Ordering, More
- January 2016: Xerox to Split into Two Companies, One Devoted to Printers, Copiers, Other to Business-Process Outsourcing
- September 2014: Xerox Targets SMB Segment with New MPS (and Free Printer) Plan; New ConnectKey Multifunctionals for SMB; More