Square 9 Connector for Enterprise Content Management Now Available for Kyocera HyPAS-enabled Copier/MFPs
KYOCERA Document Solutions America today reported that partner Square 9‘s Connector business-process management solution is now available for use with HyPAS-enabled or capable Kyocera MFPs to serve as a portal to the Square 9 GlobalSearch Enterprise Content Management (ECM) system.
With Square 9 Connector, users can scan paper documents directly into existing Square 9 server workflows, as well as search and print archived documents directly from the MFP’s control panel. Here’s how it works:
- Documents can be captured from the Kyocer MFP, scanner, email, or network directory.
- As documents are being captured, image quality is enhanced with color drop-out, automatic cropping, and image noise-removal.
- High-value data is extracted with OCR (optical character recognition) or Bar Code Recognition for automating filing or to share with other business applications.
- Batch-scanning jobs are fully optimized with document separation through OCR, Bar Code, Page Count or Blank Page Separation.
- Documents are released directly into the GlobalSearch database, either onsite or in the cloud, which are then routed to an inbox, Archive, network directory, or to multiple locations at the same time.
- Scanned images can automatically be converted into text-searchable PDFs as soon as they are captured from the Square 9 Connector.
Integration with Square 9’s Data XChange allows index-field metadata to be entered from the MFP’s control panel, through an external USB keyboard, which the app also supports. The priority display function puts each user’s most frequently accessed archives at the top of the list, minimizing search time. The thumbnail preview feature allows documents to be identified at the MFP control panel before printing.
The application also supports user-card authentication, enabling users to log in with a single swipe of their proximity cards.
Square 9 Connector is available through authorized Kyocera dealers for $750 (MSRP) for one device license. For more information, visit Square 9 here.
- September 2016: New A3 Kyocera TASKalfa 6052ci Series with Tiered Color-Print Pricing, WiFi Direct, NFC, More
- September 2016: Kyocera Partners with DataBank for Providing Business-Processing, Enterprise Content Management Services
- September 2016: New A3 Kyocera TASKalfa MFPs ‘Fully Loaded’ with Wi-Fi Direct, NFC, Re-Usable Toner Containers, More
- September 2016: New A3 Kyocera TASKalfa 3511i, TASKalfa 3011i MFPs Feature Wi-Fi Direct and NFC
- August 2016: Kyocera’s PrivateScan App for Keeping Scanned Docs out of the Wrong Hands is Now Available
- July 2016: New Eco-Friendly Kyocera MFPs Feature ‘Locked’ Toner Cartridges, Dual-Purpose Black Toner Cartridge
- June 2016: New Entry-Level Color MFPs from Kyocera Said to Provide Advanced Feature Set
- May 2016: Kyocera ‘Keeps the Pedal to the Metal,’ Previewing 31 New A3 and A4 MFPs, Six New Business Apps
- March 2016: New Kyocera ECOSYS P7040cdn Desktop Color Printer with AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Mopria Mobile Printing