New Ricoh Pro 8220s Series Production Printers Rated at up 136 PPM
At the Graph Expo 2016 trade show currently being held in Orlando, Florida, Ricoh USA today announced its latest monochrome production-printer family, the Ricoh Pro 8220s series.
According to Ricoh, the Pro 8220s series provides tight image registration and a new High Capacity Interposer (HCI). The HCI is a two-tray system with 1,750-sheet-per-tray capacity for post-fusing insertion of front and back covers or color inserts, printed on offset or digital printers, into books and manuals. The Pro 8220s series is also said to provide tight image registration to help ensure “more precise, clean output,” and is also able to print on a wide variety of substrates “without sacrificing speed or quality.”
Ricoh rates print speed at up to 96 to 136 ppm, and scan speeds on 8.27 “x 11.69” media at up to 120 ipm in simplex mode and at up to 220 ipm in duplex mode. It says the new Pro 8220s series maintains its 1,200 x 4,800 dpi resolution VCSEL image quality on a wide variety of media, including coated media, up to 350 gsm simplex and 256 duplex, and is capable of long-sheet printing on media up to 27.5 inches. The multifunction models’ Single Pass Document Feeder (SPDF) has similar media capabilities, scanning in full color at 220 ipm in duplex mode.
The Pro 8220s series is available in six models with various rated print speeds. The series’ Ricoh Trained Customer Replaceable Unit (TCRU) enables operators to replace consumables, reducing downtine.
“Production-print operations are defined by what they produce, their ability to meet deadlines and fulfill job requirements,” commented John Fulena, vice president of Ricoh USA’s Production Printing Business Group. “The RICOH Pro 8220s series empowers printers to produce a wide variety of applications very quickly and efficiently by eliminating manual steps, making scanning quick and simple and making adding covers and inserts swift and hands-off. This is a device for the future of high-speed production.”
For more information on Ricoh at the Graph Expo 2016 trade show, visit Ricoh here.
- September 2016: Ricoh Introduces New Quick-Drying AR Inks for Wide-Format Printers
- June 2016: New Ricoh MH5220 Inkjet Print Head for Industrial Printing
- April 2016: Ricoh is ‘Unrivaled Leader’ in U.S. High-Speed Continuous-Feed Inkjet Production-Printer Market
- January 2016: Ricoh Set to Enter Garment-Printing Market with AnaJet Acquisition
- September 2015: New Ricoh Pro 8100e Production Printers with Print Speeds up to 135 PPM
- July 2015: Ricoh Shipping Pro C7100 Color Production Printer; Prints in White or Clear Toner, and on Textured Media
- February 2015: Ricoh Five-Color Pro C7100X Production Printer Now Available