OKI Data Americas is introducing a new wide-format color printer, the Color Painter E-64s, at the 2016 SGIA Expo taking place September 14-16 in Las Vegas, Nevada. The new ColorPainter E-64s wide-format color printer is the latest addition to OKI’s ColorPainter line. It’s designed for low- to mid-volume signage- and graphics-print shops “seeking premium graphic output from a reliable wide-format printer at an affordable price.” OKI says the E-64s features the most advanced ColorPainter print technologies, “delivering the color density and glossiness expected from ColorPainter brand devices and generating vivid output for banners, back-lit signage, fleet, and vehicle graphics, wall and floor graphics, POP displays, exhibit graphics and more.”
The E-64s incorporates industrial Piezo inkjet print heads engineered for longer wear time, and uses OKI Data’s low-odor, eco-solvent SX inks that it says provide a wide color gamut and vivid color saturation. Co-branded 3M SX ink Series from OKI, together with ColorPainter printers, have attained the 3M MCS Warranty. The printer’s output has also been certified GREENGUARD Gold for safety of indoor applications according to the UL 2818 – 2013 Standard for Chemical Emissions for Building Materials, Finishes and Furnishings.
Other features include:
- SX Inks are said to provide superior indoor and outdoor image durability, with images staying consistent for up to 36 months outdoors, unlike competitive inks that fade significantly after a few months. SX inks are also said to provide a low cost, as they carry a high pigment load, which significantly reduces ink usage and running costs.
- Piezo inkjet print heads with 254 nozzles each are engineered for fast printing and longer wear time, which reduces waste and saves on replacements costs.
- 500mL capacity snap-in ink bags are said to make changing ink quick and easy, and reduce landfill waste.
- Dynamic Dot Printing Technology, which controls and optimizes dot size and density for each print mode, producing good density and less graininess even at low resolution.
- Advanced nozzle compensation technology that automatically re-maps clogged nozzles so that operators can continue to print with best image quality.
- Smart-Pass technology, which is said to eliminate image banding, reducing graininess in halftone areas, and produces smooth skin tone images.
- With automatic-print adjustment, optical sensors automatically perform both media advance and bi-directional position adjustment, ensuring high-quality printing even for first-time users.
- A Safe Scanning System detects when there is contact between the print heads and the media, allowing the operator to make adjustments during the print run without canceling it, helping reduce ink and media waste, while improving efficiency and productivity.
- CP Manager Controller Software, developed specifically for ColorPainter printers, allows users to operate the printer from a PC, as well as communicate with the printer via email and Twitter.
For more information and complete specifications on the ColorPainter E-64s, visit OKI Data Americas here.
- September 2016: uniFLOW Embedded Applet for OKI Devices Provides Secure Printing, Cost-Accounting
- September 2016: OKI Data Americas Rolling Out New Solutions for Mobile Printing, Printer, MFP Cost Control, and Scan-and-Capture
- July 2016: EFI Launches New Fiery Controller for OKI C900 Series Production Printers
- May 2016: OKI Data, Neopost, Team Up to Provide Easy Label-Printer Solution for Craft-Beer Kegs
- April 2016: OKI Europe Introduces Graphic-Arts Printers that Print in Neon Colors
- April 2016: OKI Extends Warranty for ColorPainter Wide-Format Printers to Three Years
- March 2016: ‘Wrapping’ Cars with Colorful Output Produced by OKI’s ColorPainter Wide-Format Color Printers
- November 2016: Navitas Leasing to Provide Financing for OKI Production and Specialty Printing Systems