Epson America is announcing the newest additions to its “Supertank” category of EcoTank refillable, color inkjet printers and All-in-Ones: the WorkForce ET-16500 wide-format All-in-One ($1,199 MSRP) and Expression ET-3600 All-in-One ($399 MSRP), both of which are said to feature easy-to-fill supersized ink tanks, and provide up to two years of ink out-of-the-box (based on average monthly print volumes of about 300 pages).
Epson says the new additions underscore its “success of this category in the North American printer market.”
When compared to traditional ink-cartridge printers, Epson says the ink included with the two EcoTank printers is equivalent to about 50 ink-cartridge sets – or up to 11,000 pages. The firm says that when it’s time to replace ink, users save up to 80 percent on ink with low-cost replacement ink bottles, compared to ink cartridges producing the same page yield for competitive inkjet printers priced at $499 or less.
It says says the ET-16500 and ET-3600 also feature an entirely new printing system that’s unique to the Supertank category of printers in order “to deliver laser-quality performance.” They’re also come equipped with built-in wireless and Wi-Fi Direct and mobile connectivity so that users can print directly from tablets and smartphones across a range of operating systems, as well as through Epson Connect solutions.
WorkForce ET-16500 EcoTank Wide-Format All-in-One Supertank Printer
The WorkForce ET-16500 EcoTank Wide-Format All-in-One Supertank Printer (shown above), which incorporates Epson’s PrecisionCore inkjet-printing technology, is the first wide-format model in Epson’s Supertank category. It provides an included ink yield of up to 10,500 black and 11,000 color pages (based on the based on the ISO/IEC 24712 test standard), and is designed for small to mid-size businesses. The ET-16500 prints on media up to 13” x 19” in size, and copies and scans documents up to 11” x 17” in size. It also features a 500-sheet paper capacity and rear specialty-paper feeding, as well as a 4.3” color touchscreen.
- Printing Technology: Epon PrecisionCore 4-color (CMYK) drop-on-demand inkjet technology
- Maximum Print Resolution: 4,800 x 1,200 optimized dpi
- ISO Print Speed: 18 (black)/10 (color) ppm
- 2-Sided ISO Print Speed: 8.7 (black)/6.0 (color) ppm
- Connectivity: Hi-Speed USB, Wireless (802.11 b/g/n), Wi-Fi Direct, Ethernet (10/100 Mbps)
- Mobile Printing: Epson Connect: Epson Email Print, Epson Remote Print, Epson Scan to Cloud, Epson iPrint App (iOS, Android), Epson Print and Scan App (Windows); Google Cloud Print, Android printing, Fire OS printing, Mopria Print Service
- Monthly Duty Cycle: Up to 20,000 pages (Recommended monthly page volume up to 1,300 pages)
- Copy Features: Automatic 1-sided to 2-sided; 2-sided to 1-sided; 2-sided to 2-sided; Fit to Page; Automatic Reduction and Enlargement (25 – 400 percent); ID Copy; Adjustable Copy Dennsity; Collate; Preview; Resize Remove Punched Holes; Remove Shadows
- Scanner Type: Color flatbed/ADF
- Scanbed Size: 11.7″ x 17″ maximum media size; Optical Resolution: 2,400 dpi; Hardware Resolution: 1,200 x 2,400 dpi; Maximum Resolution: 9, 00 dpi interpolated; Scanner Bit Depth: 48-bit color input/24-bit color output; Scan to PC, Cloud, Corporate Email or Email (via Epson Connect), Memory devices, Network Folders
- Fax: Black & White and Color; Fax Speed: Up to 33.6 Kbps – as fast as 3 sec per page; PC fax
- Paper Sizes: 3.5″ x 5″, 4″ x 6″, 5″ x 7″, 8″ x 10″, 8.5″ x 11″, 8.5″ x 14″, 11″ x 17″, 13″ x 19″, A4, A6, A3, A3+, half letter, executive, user definable (3.5″ x 5″ – 13″ x 47″)
- Maximum Paper Size: 13″ x 47″
- Ink Type: Epson EcoTank Ink Bottles
- Ink Palette: Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black
- Ink Configuration: 4 individual ink bottles
- 774 Black ink bottle
- 664 Color: Cyan, Magenta, Yellow ink bottles
- Ink Yield Information: ISO Yield, Epson Methodology – Black: 6,000 pages, Color: 6,500 pages
For more information and complete specifications, visit Epson here.