New Xerox DocuMate 6440 Scans up to 60 Two-Sided Color Pages per Minute
Xerox is introducing what it’s calling one of “fastest and most user-friendly scanners in its class,” the new DocuMate 6440 ($495 SRP), which includes image-enhancing software, and can scan up to one page per second to one of nine preset, configurable destinations
The DocuMate 6440 is powered by Visioneer OneTouch technology to scan documents instantly to virtually any application, folder, or device at the touch of a button. Working together with Acuity image-enhancing software, the document scanner automatically enhances and corrects images so that every document is “perfectly scanned” into a searchable PDF that can be routed to email addresses or via a custom enterprise Web application. In the healthcare industry, for example, the provider can scan patient documents and have them automatically routed to the pharmacy or billing department.
Plastic ID and insurance cards, as well as paper documents, can be scanned through the 80-page automatic document feeder. Xerox also says the DocuMate 6440 is 33-percent faster than its predecessor, scanning up to 60 double-sided color pages per minute.
The firm says the DocuMate 6440 is “an ideal solution for healthcare, banking, education, energy, financial, government, and manufacturing industries.” It’s available immediately for purchase online at http://www.xeroxscanners.com and from authorized resellers in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, and Africa.
- June 2016: Xerox Integrating Dokmee Document-Capture Software into Scanners, DocuShare
- April 2016: In this Corner: New Duplexing Scanner from Xerox Weighs in at Just One Pound
- March 2016: Xerox Launches New DocuMate Program for Resellers in Europe, the Middle East
- August 2015: New Xerox DocuMate 152i Office Scanner Said to Be 40 Percent Faster than Predecessor
- February 2015: Xerox’s Unique New DocuMate 5540 Scanner Features Both Platen and Document Feeder