ABBYY FineScanner OCR Scanning Solution Now Available for Android Mobile Devices
Earlier this month, ABBYY, a provider of document-recognition, content-capture, and language-based technologies and solutions, reported that its ABBYY FineScanner OCR (optical character recognition) solution is now available for Android mobile users.
Android smartphone and tablet users can now use ABBYY technology to scan and capture text from any kind of printed materials with their device’s built-in camera, and then convert scanned text into an editable format.
ABBYY FineScanner also automatically corrects scanned documents’ orientation to generate a rectangular and upright image. It crops away unnecessary borders (the table the document is on, for example); and uses black and white, colo,r or grayscale filters to eliminate image noise, enhance contrast, and brightness. Scanned documents may then be exported as a multi-page PDF or a JPEG image.
ABBYY FineScanner can extract text from scanned images in 193 languages including Chinese, Japanese, and Korean – all while retaining the original formatting of the document, including markers, tables, headers, and titles. The results can be saved in 12 popular formats such as DOCX, XLS and PDF and shared via email, messengers, social media, or cloud storage.
ABBYY FineScanner is designed for personal and corporate use. For example, it can be helpful for professionals who work with a lot of documentation outside the office, such as agents, financial-service representatives, and lawyers.
ABBYY FineScanner for Android is compatible with Android 4.2 or later with camera autofocus. The application is available on Google Play in two versions: a free application with a premium subscription for advanced features, including OCR and ad removal ($4.99 a month or $19.99 a year); and a one-time purchase version for $39.99 that includes all advanced features and future updates. ABBYY FineScanner supports English and Russian as interface languages.
For more information on FineScanner, visit ABBYY here.
- February 2016: New ABBYY InfoExtractor SDK, Smart Classifier for Automating Business Document Processes
- February 2015: ABBYY’s Updated PDF Transformer+ Provides Faster Printing, Start-Up, and More
- December 2014: ABBYY Europe Partnering with Fujitsu to Expand Document-Capture Solutions
- July 2014: ABBYY Releases Next Generation of FineReader Online with New Document-Conversion Features
- May 2014: Next-Generation ABBYY Recognition Server Features Extended PDF Capabilities, Direct SharePoint Integration
- April 2014: Next-Generation ABBYY FineReader 12 Corporate OCR Software with Upgrades