Toshiba TEC Corporation of Tokyo reports that its new series of e-STUDIO MFPs was developed in partnership with ABBYY and Intel. This summer, the firm unveiled its newly engineered e-STUDIO line featuring its latest e-BRIDGE Next controller. The new MFPs are said to address the print, document-management. and document-workflow needs of “virtually any business application,” while coinciding with Toshiba’s global message: “Connect. Integrate. Simplify. – Technology for every workplace delivering advanced functionality, ease of use and peace of mind,” reflecting Toshiba’s vision of “Together Information.” To enhance its e-BRIDGE Next controller, Toshiba Tec is coupling ABBYY’s FineReader Engine for embedded OCR, and with Intel’s Atom E3800 Processor.
ABBYY is a provider of optical character recognition (OCR) software. The integration of ABBYY’s FineReader Engine OCR software with Toshiba MFPs enables users to convert scanned documents and images into editable, searchable text, while preserving the layout and formatting of the original document.
Toshiba TEC says the incorporation of Intel’s E3800 Atom processor “heightens the overall performance and productivity of Toshiba MFPs” by delivering faster document capture and output, improving energy efficiency, and the ability to run more complex applications that integrate with customer’s business workflows.
- May 2016: Toshiba and Dealers to Sell, Distribute Nuance’s AutoStore and Equitrac Office Document Solutions
- May 2016: Next-Generation Toshiba MFPs Feature Intel Atom Processor, Embedded Application Platform, More
- March 2016: Toshiba’s New e-STUDIO 2803AM Ledger-Size MFP Starts at $2,195
- November 2015: Toshiba Previews 3D-Printer Prototype that Can Fabricate Metal Objects
- October 2015: Four New A3 11″x17″ Copier/MFPs from Toshiba Start at $2,595
- June 2015: 10 Toshiba e-STUDIO Copier MFPs Achieve EPEAT Gold Rating for Eco-Friendliness
- May 2015: Review: Toshiba TEC e-FOLLOW Essentials Print-Management Solution
- May 2015: 28 Toshiba MFPs Certified for Mopria Android Mobile Printing
- March 2015: Three New High-Volume Mono A3 Printer/Copiers from Toshiba