Epson Expands SureColor Large-Format Color Inkjet Printer Family with Three New Models
Epson today announced the expansion of its line of SureColor P-Series large-format color printers to include three new Designer Edition configurations – the 17-inch SureColor P800, 24-inch SureColor P6000, and 44-inch SureColor P8000. The SureColor P-Series Designer Edition printers incorporate the latest Epson printer technologies with updated Electronics for Imaging (EFI) Fiery eXpress RIP (raster image processing) software, built on Adobe PostScript 3, to provide an easy print-job workflow experience.
“The SureColor P-Series Designer Edition printers enable graphic designers to print the way they want with accurate results,” commented Larry Kaufman, product manager of Epson America’s Professional Imaging, group, “With true Adobe PostScript, seamless RGB (red, green, blue) and CMYK (cyan, magenta, yellow, black) color-management and nesting of files to optimize media usage, the new SureColor Designer Edition Printers offer advanced capabilities for producing unparalleled output from a broad range of applications.”
Developed for graphic designers and even advanced photographers with ease-of-use in mind, the Designer Edition printers are said to provide accurate color-matching for process color (CMYK), spot colors, and RGB files. Advanced job-processing includes both the Adobe CPSI and PDF print engines, along with support of the Pantone Plus Spot Color library, ensuring compatibility printing directly from all industry-standard design programs. The EFI Fiery eXPress software RIP delivers this in an easy-to-use software package with five ways to print:
Five Easy Ways to Print with Designer Edition
Using the updated EFI Fiery eXpress RIP software, the new Designer Edition printers are said to produce accurate, repeatable print output in a stand-alone or networked configuration of Apple and Microsoft Windows PCs, with five methods to print:
- Hot Folder: Drag and drop, copy, or save a copy of a compatible file directly to the hot folder and the RIP will process the job using the current printer preferences.
- Virtual Printer: The simplest way to send a job to the RIP using the current printer settings, this works directly from an application and is selected from the printer list.
- Unidriver: Prints directly from the application with added controls for changing media, color, and layout settings.
- eXpress RIP: Print locally using the eXpress RIP software, opening a wide range of file formats, including EPS, PDF, PSD, TIFF, and JPEG.
- Drag and Drop: Drag files directly to the job list for on-demand printing.
The SC-P800 Designer Edition offers full 17-inch wide border-less printing via Epson’s MicroPiezo AMC color inkjet print-head technology, eight-color Epson UltraChrome HD inks, and advanced media handling, including a sheet feeder, front-in and front-out paper path, and an optional roll holder. Users may choose their media and path to print full two-page spreads with bleed and crop marks, or print border-less photos on up to 17”x22” on a wide variety of comping, proofing, glossy, matte, and fine-art papers. The SureColor P800 Designer Edition uses individual Epson 80 ml high-capacity ink cartridges, and features USB, Wireless n2, and Ethernet connectivity.
SureColor P6000 and P8000 Designer Editions
The 24-inch SC-P6000 and 44-inch SC-P8000 Designer Editions feature Epson’s latest eight-color imaging technologies, including Epson’s PrecisionCore TFP color inkjet print-head and Epson UltraChrome HD inks. Advanced media-handling is said to support virtually any media type in roll or cut-sheet for comping, proofing and photographic output, and also supports up to 1.5 mm thick poster board. If a current design size or workflow requires tiling and splicing individual pages, or outsourcing large jobs, Epson says the wider 24- or 44-inch printers are capable of outputting a time-saving single page.
The SC-P800, SC-P6000, and SC-P8000 Designer Editions are currently available through authorized Epson Professional Imaging resellers.
|Epson SureColor P800 Designer Edition|
|Epson SureColor P6000 Designer Edition|
|Epson SureColor P8000 Designer Edition|
The SureColor P-Series Designer Edition printers include a standard Epson Preferred Limited Warranty, a one-year program that includes toll-free telephone access Monday through Friday and exchange (SC-P800SE) or on-site service (SC-P6000SE/SC-P8000SE), in the event of any hardware failure. Epson Preferred Plus extended service plans are also available to provide coverage for up to two additional years. For more information, visit proimaging.epson.com.
- June 2016: Epson, 3M Roll Out New Co-Branded UltraChrome GS3 Inks for Epson SureColor S-Series Wide-Format Printers
- June 2016: Two New Epson Screen Printers, SureColor P800 and SureColor T3270
- March 2016: New Flagship Epson SC-S80600 Wide-Format Printer for Printing Vehicle Wraps, Signage, More
- March 2016: Epson Expands SureColor Wide-Format Printer Series with 44-Inch Graphics Printer
- January 2016: New Epson 64″ Fine-Art Photo Printer, the SureColor P20000 with 2.8-Times Faster Print Speed
- September 2015: Epson Expands SureColor Wide-Format Color Printer Family with P-Series, Starts at $2,995