Staples, Inc. reports that it’s launching “Staples Rush,” a same-day delivery service to customers in select major metropolitan areas across the United States.
Customers placing orders by 3:00 p.m. local time Monday – Friday on Staples.com for delivery in specific areas will be able to choose during the checkout process to have their orders delivered by 7:00 p.m., initially for a fee of $14.99 per delivery, which may be subject to change while the project is in beta. The service is now live in parts of Boston, Dallas, and Manhattan, with other cities including Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Seattle, to follow shortly. Other products and services (such as Copy & Print) will also be added in the upcoming months. Staples Rush will eventually be available to contract customers of Staples Business Advantage, Staples’ business-to-business division.
Staples Rush will cover thousands of products available in Staples’ stores, and the company will use its own supply-chain organization, including its network of retail locations, to fulfill same-day delivery orders. In most markets, Staples will be using its own delivery fleet. All items must be marked especially for same-day-delivery in order to be eligible.
For more information, visit Staples here.
- May 2016: Staples, Office Depot Call Off Merger in Wake of U.S. District Court Ruling
- December 2014: Staples Now Offering HP’s Instant Ink Ink-Cartridge Subscription Program
- March 2014: Staples to Shutter 255 Office-Supply Stores Across North America
- December 2013: Staples Offers Online Ink- and Toner-Cartridge Recycling
- August 2013: Staples has Recycled over 350 Million Ink and Toner Cartridges