Samsung Printing Solutions added a new app to its suite of apps for printing and document workflow, Remote Fax, a Samsung Smart UX-based app that enables users to send faxes with Samsung Smart MultiXpress series MFPs even when the optional Samsung fax kit is not installed.
The Remote Fax app means customers don’t need to install additional fax kits or PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network) lines in order to fax. Instead, it enables multiple Samsung MFPs to run fax using a single fax server and fax kit or PSTN.
The Remote Fax app is Samsung Electronics’ first paid application for its printing products. A trial version is also available.
Remote Fax is compatible with Samsung printing products with the Samsung Smart UX Center, including the Samsung MX7 series MFPs.
As shown above, a fax user interface is provides and keypad. Remote Fax also supports address books, PC Fax, and fax server (email, FTP), and provides fax reports.
Users can download the Remote Fax application from the Samsung Printing App Center here.
- May 2016: New Samsung Server-Less Business Core 2.0 Apps for Document Workflows, Print Tracking and Security
- October 2013: Samsung Launches ‘Business Core Printing Solutions’ for A3 and A4 MFPs, Includes Cloud Connectivity, Security, Management, and Tracking Solutions
- May 2016: Samsung Adds Ubiquitech Print-Management for Secure Printing with Samsung MFPs
- May 2016: New Samsung SOHO Desktop Laser Printer, All-in-One with Wireless, NFC Tap-to-Print, Mobile Print App
- April 2016: Hancom Office App Lets Samsung MFP Users Edit Docs on Touch Screen
- March 2016: Nuance’s Equitrac, AutoStore, SafeCom Now Available for Samsung MFPs
- March 2016: New Samsung ProXpress C30 Color MFPs: Built ‘Better and Faster’ and with Higher Toner Yield
- February 2016: Samsung Taps NCR to Provide Managed Print Services
- December 2015: New Samsung Desktop Color Printer and Copier/MFP with NFC, Cloud Printing, Scan-to-eMail
- December 2015: Samsung RemoteCall App Lets You Connect to Service Personnel for Real-Time Copier/MFP Troubleshooting