New Ricoh MH5220 Inkjet Print Head for Industrial Printing
Ricoh USA is introducing the MH5220, a new inkjet print head for industrial printing. The MH5220 is designed for a wide range of printing applications, such as label printing, package printing, and wide-format graphics, and will be commercially available this summer.
The firm says that in the industrial printing market for labels, packaging, and wide-format graphics, there’s “increasing demand” to meet a wide variety of customer needs such as smaller lot sizes, shorter delivery times, and finer image quality, and that digital printing can provide deliver greater flexibility and productivity.
Key capabilities of the new Ricoh MH5220 inkjet print head include:
- With 1,280 nozzles configured in 4 x 320 nozzles, Ricoh says the print head achieves high resolution without a granular appearance of ink dots, and is also capable of printing 1,200 dpi resolution with multiple print heads in a staggered configuration.
- Multi ink-drop capability allows the creation of a range of ink-drop sizes from 2.5 to 9pl. (note that with multi ink-drop technology, ink drops are ejected in rapid succession, then merge in flight before reaching the media surface).
- Stainless steel construction for durability and extended service life.
- Built-in heater, capable of jetting high-viscosity inks.
- Compatible with UV durable ink for label printing.
The new MH5220 print head’s specifications include:
Piston pusher with metallic diaphragm plate
Number of nozzles
1,280 (4 x 320 channels), staggered
1/150″ (0.1693mm) ／
Nozzle spacing (Row to row distance)
A : 0.93mm B : 9.31mm
Total printhead dimensions
89mm(W), 64.2mm(D), 24.7mm(H)
3.5″ x 2.5″ x 1″ (No cable)
Max. number of colour inks
Operating temperature range
Up to 60℃
Integrated heater and thermistor
100 billion actuations per nozzle
2.5pl (single drop）、2.5～ 9pl (multi drop）
Alignment pin direction
Separately sold parts
MH5220 dedicated cable
Note: Results obtained from continuous jetting test using standard Ricoh test ink. Specifications are subject to change due to the manufacturer’s continuous development program.
- April 2016: Ricoh is ‘Unrivaled Leader’ in U.S. High-Speed Continuous-Feed Inkjet Production-Printer Market
- January 2016: Ricoh Set to Enter Garment-Printing Market with AnaJet Acquisition
- December 2015: New Ricoh Consulting Group to Help Production-Printing Customers with Color-Management, ‘Pain Points,’ More
- November 2015: Ricoh Updates ProcessDirector Software for Production-Printing Applications with New Features
- September 2015: New Ricoh Pro 8100e Production Printers with Print Speeds up to 135 PPM
- July 2015: EFI’s Self-Serve M500 Copy & Print Station, Admin Software, Now Available for Ricoh Production Printers
- July 2015: Ricoh Shipping Pro C7100 Color Production Printer; Prints in White or Clear Toner, and on Textured Media
- April 2015: Ricoh Signs Up with Mimaki USA to Distribute Mimaki’s Flatbed Printers
- February 2015: Ricoh Five-Color Pro C7100X Production Printer Now Available