HP Adds New Latex Series Large-Format Printers for Sign and Display Printing
HP Inc. is introducing its latest wide-format printers for mid-size to large sign and display printing, the HP Latex 500 Printer series and HP Latex 1500 Printer.
Designed for mid-size to large print service providers (PSPs) with increasing print volumes, HP says the new 64-inch HP Latex 560 and 570 Printers enable customers to manage a variety of print jobs and peaks in production at a low upfront investment. New features include:
- More unattended printing with a new spindle-less pivot table and automatic skew-adjustment to load rolls in one minute or less, heavy-duty roll handling of rolls up to 55 kg (121 lbs.), as well as a status beacon for real-time production-print monitoring from a distance.
- Print speeds up to 23 m/hr (248 ft/hr) at indoor mode.
- New vivid print modes with 50-percent more ink density; there’s also a new wiper-roller accessory for “high-quality results” on low-cost banners and self-adhesive vinyl.
- The ability to perform all tasks in front of the printer, including media and ink-cartridge changes.
- Integration into a larger HP Latex printer fleet with color-emulation capabilities.
- HP Latex Mobile for managing print jobs remotely for more unattended production, such as overnight printing.
“Many medium-to-large sign and display print providers are looking for solutions that can handle higher-production volumes and enable access to profitable applications,” commented Xavier Garcia, general manager for HP Inc.’s Large Format Printing division. “The HP Latex 500 series and 1500 Printer set new performance thresholds at a lower upfront investment, helping customers meet peak production demands to keep jobs in-house as well as capture growth application opportunities such as indoor and outdoor backlit signage.”
HP Latex 1500 Printer
Building on the HP Latex 3000 Printer series, the 126-inch (3.2-meter) HP Latex 1500 Printer provides super-wide printing that HP says provides fast turnarounds on a broad range of indoor and outdoor applications, including PVC banners, self-adhesive vinyl, textiles, and double-sided prints.
Printing at speeds at up to 74 m/hour (800 ft/hr) in outdoor production mode, and at up to 45 m/hour (800 ft/hour) in indoor mode, the printer maintains quality print after print with 1200 dpi HP Thermal Inkjet print heads, automatic nozzle-replacement, an optical media advance sensor (OMAS), as well as an embedded spectrophotometer. The printer also features the productivity benefits of third-generation HP Latex technology, delivering prints that are completely dry and scratch-resistant immediately after printing.
HP says the Latex 1500 Printer can help PSPs reduce running costs for both long and short print runs, achieving more unattended printing with 5-liter HP ink cartridges, an accessible print zone that features LED lighting for easy loading, as well as an internal print server, and a status beacon that enables at-a-glance print monitoring.
Customers can also select from a variety of add-on options with the ability to only install the features that address their business needs. Options include:
- A dual-roll kit said to maximize productivity and unattended production on vinyl and other media up to 1.6 meters (64 inches).
- In-line slitters that simplify post-processing by slitting output while printing.
- A roll-to-freefall kit that allows users to start finishing initial prints while the job is still in progress.
- A double-sided day-night kit that enables users to automatically print double-sided backlit applications for color-accurate outdoor advertising displays in any light, frontlit, or backlit.
- An ink-collector kit for porous substrates such as textiles and mesh banner.
The HP Latex 1500 Printer is expected to be available by July 2016, while the HP Latex 500 Printer series is expected to be available by August 2016.
- March 2016: HP Inc. Adds Host of New PageWide, Indigo Presses to Expand its Commercial-Printer Family
- December 2015: New HP PageWide Web Press T1100S Said to ‘Reinvent’ Package Printing with Box Customization
- November 2015: Newly Created HP Inc. to Focus on Immersive Computing, 3D Printing, Graphic-Arts Printing, Copier/MFPs
- October 2015: HP Scores Largest Indigo-Press Deal to Date with RAKO Purchase
- September 2015: New HP Inkjet Production Printers Using HP PageWide Inkjet Print-Head Technology
- May 2015: New HP Latex 3500 and 3100 Latex-Ink Production Printers and HP Scitex 17000 Corrugated Press
- May 2015: More than 100 Billion Pages Printed with HP’s Inkjet Web Platform
- April 2015: HP Previews New PageWide XL Wide-Format Color Inkjet Production Printers
- February 2015: New HP Inkjet Nozzle Architecture Said to Double Production-Printers’ Print Resolution