Epson Introduces New ‘Print365’ Managed Print Services Program in The Netherlands
Dutch It-Channel reports that Epson has introduced a new managed print services (MPS) offering, called Print365, available now in The Netherlands.
Billed as “the simplest MPS concept in the business-printer market,” the program is designed for IT resellers with many small and mid-size business (SMB) customers, and for use with Epson business ink-jet printers and MFPs with replaceable ink packs (RIPS).
The Print365 program offers: “365 days-a-year worry-free printing with standard print bundles” for a fixed amount per printer per month.
According to Epson, its business inkjets consume 96-percent less energy than laser counterparts, thus making them less expensive to operate, and the number of service interventions for its RIPS business inkjets is 98-percent lower than with laser printers. It says there’s also 94-percent less waste than with laser printers – the only waste is the empty RIPS bags, which can be deposed of in the same manner as with regular waste.
Epson says it chose IT resellers in the The Netherlands to roll out Print365 as the SMB market is a “sweet spot,” and IT resellers are a major supplier to the SMB channel. It says it was important to create a “ready-made concept” so that it’s IT resellers could quickly understand and deploy it in companies with one to 10 devices.
“Print365 is a complete MPS solution that comes with the new business inkjet printers, consumable materials (including the RIPS ink bags), three-year on-site service (it’s a three-year contract) and Document Capture Pro scanning software,” Epson representative Oscar Van der Linden explained, with no need to buy the printer, which the IT reseller leases.
The IT reseller manages the MPS program and takes care of supply management.
According to Van der Linden, there are various benefits: “Everybody sees exactly what was printed and by whom; both we, the customer, and the reseller. If a printer is not fully utilized, it is for the reseller to indicate that the device may be better elsewhere…”
Print365 packages start at 35 Euros per month (approximately $40 U.S.), per bundle, depending on the printer. An “All You Can Print” bundle is available for 199 Euro per month (approximately $225 U.S.), under which customers can print an unlimited number of color and/or black-and-white prints during the three-year contract period.
Customers can choose from various bundles, specifying their monthly number of color and monochrome prints, and MFP or single-function printer, and can scale up whenever needed. To help customers assess how much they’re printing per month, IT resellers can install a software tool to show them how much they’re printing.
- March 2016: In Departure, Epson Introduces WorkForce Business Inkjets that Print in Black-and-White Only
- March 2016: Impression Solutions to Distribute Epson Business Inkjets with Replaceable Ink Packs to Office-Equipment Dealers
- February 2016: Epson Increasing Production of Ink Bottles for High-Capacity Ink-Tank Printers, All-in-Ones
- February 2016: Epson Says it’s Sold More than a Million InkTank Printers in India
- October 2015: New Epson WorkForce Force Pro Business Inkjets Compatible with Print-Management Solutions
- August 2015: New Epson EcoTank Inkjets Said to Print up to Two Years Without Needing Ink Replacement
- January 2015: Epson Officially Announces Print Audit Print-Management Support for Epson WorkForce Pro Models
- January 2015: Epson Brings Business Inkjets with Replaceable Ink Packs for Printing Up to 75,000 Pages to the U.S.