Nuance’s Equitrac, AutoStore, SafeCom Now Available for Samsung MFPs
Samsung Electronics reports that it’ll be providing three new Nuance document-imaging software packages through its partnership with the company. Samsung’s partnership with Nuance, first announced in September 2015, enables Samsung to sell and distribute document imaging solutions within its printing business, including:
- Equitrac—both Office and Express—is a print-management software solution that allows users to print regardless of location, routing the documents to nearby enabled printers and MFPs through a pull-printing system. Equitrac is also said to reduces IT burdens by removing dependencies on print servers, print drivers, and complex print fleets.
- AutoStore is an electronic document-capture solution that automatically recognizes and stores various types of user documents, including PDF files and information captured from MFPs, smartphones, copiers, and scanners.
- SafeCom helps consolidate and standardize different types of printing jobs without users having to install additional print drivers. It can also reduce printing budgets by restricting printer access to only authenticated users.
“Samsung is continuing to expand cooperation with the world’s leading vendors to develop software offering specialized and customized solutions to improve workflow,” commented David S.W. Song, senior vice president of Samsung Electronics’ Printing Solutions Business. “B2B customers will be able to purchase solutions and services optimized for their business directly with Samsung printing devices.”
Nuance Communication is said to be the world’s leading output-solution company. According to a 2015 report by International Data Corporation (IDC), the company is the largest imaging software vendor in the document/MFP market, with more than 58-percent market share. It’s also built a relationship with Samsung by providing voice-recognition capabilities for various Samsung devices.
- March 2016: New Samsung ProXpress C30 Color MFPs: Built ‘Better and Faster’ and with Higher Toner Yield
- February 2016: Samsung Taps NCR to Provide Managed Print Services
- December 2015: New Samsung Desktop Color Printer and Copier/MFP with NFC, Cloud Printing, Scan-to-eMail
- December 2015: Samsung RemoteCall App Lets You Connect to Service Personnel for Real-Time Copier/MFP Troubleshooting
- December 2015: New A3 Color and Mono MFPs from Samsung with NFC, Google Cloud Print Mobile Connectivity, More
- October 2015: Part Two Interview with Samsung Printing Solutions: Our Goal is to be Number One by 2020
- October 2015: New Samsung Marketing Support Portal for Printer Partners; Emphasizes Commitment to A4 Printing
- October 2015: Inside Samsung Printing Solutions: Interview with Samsung VP Chin Yoon
- September 2015: Nuance Document-Capture, Server-Less Printing, Print-for-Pay Solutions Available for Samsung Dealers
- September 2015: New Samsung ProXpress M4030ND Printer and M4080FX MFP Feature NFC Tap-to-Print Mobile Print and NFC User Authentication