New Xerox i-Series MFPs Feature Latest ConnectKey 3.0 Apps for Document-Processing, WorkFlow, Supply-Ordering, More
Reflecting the trend of smart MFPs that don’t just print and copy, but take on the daily grind of office-document workflows and more, Xerox today introduced a major product-refresh with its next-generation ConnectKey-enabled i-Series MFPs, as well as its next-generation suite of Connect Key 3.0 apps, and a unique new language-translation service, called Easy Translation Service.
Consisting of 14 new MFPs, the i-Series feature Xerox’s latest ConnectKey 3.0 apps – some of which are pre-loaded and available right at the newly redesigned touch screen – and which are designed to streamline various paper-based processes, such as processing forms and applications, printing from and scanning to cloud-based document storage-and-sharing sites such as Google Drive, and more.
Connect Key Apps 3.0
ConnectKey apps range from setting up scanning to and printing from accounts in the cloud, such as Google Drive and Dropbox, to setting up one-touch short-cuts, to sending faxes via the cloud without using a fax board, to enabling authorized users to order supplies, all from the touch screen.
ConnectKey 3.0 Apps don’t require a dedicated server or PC. Instead, Xerox says they’re server-less solutions, and additional apps can be downloaded to Xerox ConnectKey-enabled MFPs via USB or Xerox CentreWare Internet Services.
Xerox App Studio 3.0 also enables Xerox’s reseller partners to customize the MFPs using templates that modify and customize the touch-screen user interface for particular specific processes, such as scan workflows. For more sophisticated customization, the Personalized Application Builder (PAB) program lets users connect with partners to build more complex workflow apps.
For more information on ConnectKey, visit Xerox here.
Easy Translation Service
Also new is a unique new service, called Easy Translation Service, a first-of-its-kind solution that’s available 24/7, and enables users to translate documents that are either: scanned with a Xerox MFP, or uploaded to the Xerox Web service (including documents captured with smartphones’ camera function), and then sent or printed in the translated language. The service can then be used to translate the documents into more than 35 languages, including French, German, Lithuanian, Japanese, and Hmong Daw. Output is available in over 20 file formats, including JPEG, Microsoft Office, and PDF.
The service may also be used with with these other Xerox printers and MFPs.
Mobile Connectivity with @PrintBy Xerox, QR Code App
Xerox notes that according to IT market-research firm International Data Corporation, 40 percent of smartphone users, and 35 percent of tablet users, don’t know how to print from their devices. However, according to IDC, mobile printing will “grow dramatically” over the next two years, due to the increase in access to digital content for both personal and business use.
New mobile apps include:
- The @PrintByXerox App, a free cloud-printing solution that enables employees and visitors to securely print from any mobile or network-connected device to the Xerox MFP by attaching the file to an email and sending it to an @PrintByXerox email address.
- The QR Code App, which lets users connect and pair to a ConnectKey-enabled Xerox MFP by scanning the QR code from their smartphone or tablet to print and scan documents.
Also now available for iOS and Android is the Mobile Link App, which lets users create one-touch, automated workflows on their mobile devices to remotely control a Xerox MFP, and send documents to fax, email, and cloud-hosted services such as Box, Dropbox, and Google Drive. A new camera-capture feature straightens photos of documents taken with a mobile device.
New iSeries MFPs
The iSeries MFPs consist of 14 models – several of which are based on existing MFPs – and all of which are available now worldwide. They range from lower-volume A4 desktop models, to the high-volume A3 90-ppm WorkCentre 5890i:
- The WorkCentre 3655i ($1,799 MSRP) is an A4 (print and scan up to 8.5″ x 14″ media) black-and-white MFP with copy, print, scan, fax, and scan to email; it’s designed for workgroups of from 3 to 15 users; there’s optional Wi-Fi connectivity, and 4.3-inch color touch screen. Recommend monthly volume is up to 12,000 pages, and print speed is rated at up to 47 ppm. Visit Xerox here for complete specifications.
- The WorkCentre 6655i ($3,270 MSRP) is an A4 color MFP with copy, print, scan, fax, and scan to email; it’s designed for workgroups of from 5 to 15 users; there’s a 7″ color touch screen, and recommended monthly print volume is up to 10,000 pages per month. Black/color print speed is rated at up 36 ppm. Visit Xerox here for complete specifications.
- The WorkCentre 7220i/7225i ($6,999 MSRP) is an A3 (print and scan on up to 11″ x 17″ media) color MFP with copy, print, scan, fax, and scan to email with integrated office document finisher. Recommended monthly print volume is up to 5,500/6,250 pages per month, and black/color print speed is rated at up to 25 ppm. Standard paper capacity is 1,090 sheets, expandable to a maximum paper capacity of 2,130 sheets. Visit Xerox here for complete specifications.
- The WorkCentre 7830i/7835i/7845i/7855i (MSRP start at $14,748) consist of A3 color MFPs with copy, print, scan, fax, and scan to email; recommended monthly print volume is up to 12,000/15,000/20,000/22,000 pages. Color print speed is rated at up to 30/35/45/50 ppm respectively; black print speed is rated at up to 30/35/45/55 ppm respectively. Standard paper capacity is 2,280 sheets, expandable to a maximum paper capacity of 5,140 sheets. Visit Xerox here for complete specifications.
- The WorkCentre 5945i/5955i (MSRP starts at $15,600) are A3 black-and-white MFPs with copy, print, scan, fax, and scan to email; they feature single-pass color duplex scanning at up to 200 images per minute; recommended monthly print volume is up to 75,000/100,000 pages per month, and print speed is rated at 45/55 ppm respectively. Standard paper capacity is 4,700 sheets expandable to a maximum of 4,700 sheets. Visit Xerox here for complete specifications.
- The WorkCentre 5865i/5875i/5890i (MSRP starts at $25,245) are A3 black-and-white MFPs with copy, print, scan, fax, and scan to email, and are designed for heaviest work loads; recommended monthly print volume is up to 110,000/125,000/150,000 pages respectively. Print speed is rated at up to 65/75/90 ppm respectively, and standard paper capacity is 4,700 sheets, expandable to a maximum of 8,700 sheets. Visit Xerox here for complete specifications.
- The WorkCentre 7970i (MSRP starts at $31,000) is an A3 color MFP with copy, print, scan, fax, and scan to email. Recommended monthly print volume is up to 40,000 pages, while black/color print speed is rated at up to 70 ppm. Standard paper capacity is 3,140 sheets, expandable to a maximum of 5,140 sheets. Visit Xerox here for complete specifications.
- Xerox blog: Make Your Documents Work Better with for You with 2016 Xerox ConnectKey Technology
- February 2016: Xerox to Resell TopImage Business-Process Automation Offerings
- November 2015: Four New Xerox Workflow Solutions for Streamlining Document Processes in Insurance, Human Resources
- November 2015: Five Intriguing New Xerox Mobile-Printing Solutions for Xerox, Non-Xerox, Legacy Printers and MFPs
- July 2015: Xerox Adds New Managed Print Services Tools
- April 2015: Xerox Enhances Mobile-Printing and Workflow Suite with Mobile Link App, Mobile Access App, Updates Mobile Print Cloud
- April 2015: New Xerox CompleteView User Analytics Tool for MPS, Monitoring Users’ Printing
- April 2015: New Xerox Workflow-Optimization Solutions, DocuShare Private Cloud
- February 2015: New Mobile-Friendly Xerox Desktop Color Printer, MFP with Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, WiFi-Direct Mobile Printing