Billed as its most “business-focused” office-imaging devices to date, and as part of Brother International’s campaign to enter the mid- and large-size business segment, Brother is announcing new monochrome laser printers and All-in-Ones in its Workhorse Series of printers, All-in-Ones, and document scanners. Sold exclusively through the Brother Authorized Partner Program (BAPP) resellers, as well as direct-market resellers, dealers, and office-superstore contract resellers, the new HL-L6400DW and MFC-L6900DW are two of five new high-volume monochrome laser printers and All-in-Ones that will be part of the Brother limited-distribution product portfolio.
Brother’s balanced-deployment campaign contends that many office printers and copier/MFPs are poorly deployed – with high-volume MFPs often located far-out-of-reach of users. A better strategy, the firm contends, is printers and MFPs located closer to workers. It points to a Brother-commissioned study conducted by market-research firm InfoTrends that shows that poor allocation of office devices is “a drain to corporate profits, wasting more than 4,000 hours and nearly $130,000 per year in long walks to-and-from copiers and printers.”
Under Brother’s balanced-deployment strategy, the firm assesses document workflow and output, then “right-sizes” offices with the most appropriate number of devices located near workgroups. Shared “pods” consisting of All-in-Ones/MFPs and single-function printers, it says, provide superior monochrome and color imaging (deployed within 25-35 feet of each workgroup). The “pods” are said to be scalable, secure, allow for increased employee productivity, and can be easily accessed by mobile workers.
New Workhorse Series Models
The flagships of the Brother Workhorse Series – the new laser-based Brother HL-L6400DW printer and the MFCL6900DW All-in-One – are said to be ideal for higher-volume print and scan business customers. Print speed is up to 52 ppm, and scan speed is up to 50 images per minute, with single-pass, two-sided monochrome scanning up to 100 images per minute. The included out-of-the b0x toner cartridge yields up to approximately 12,000 pages, and an ultra-high-yield replacement toner cartridge can print up to approximately 20,000 pages.
An optional add-on tower tray converts these desktop printers into floor-standing models. A total of five paper trays provides a total paper-input capacity of 2,650 sheets.
The new HL-L6400DW printer also includes an optional mailbox/stacker/sorter, which increases total output capacity to 1,050 sheets.
The HL-L6400DW and MFC-L6900DW may also be equipped with an integrated NFC (Near Field Communication) user-card reader that provides walk-up user authorization for securely releasing print jobs, and to access other functions using a compatible NFC card or badge. It can also be used with secure function lock, and also provided is network user authentication.
- January 2016: Brother’s New L5000, L6000 Series for Higher-Volume Office Applications; New 48-PPM ‘Multi-Function’ Copier
- January 2016: Amazon ‘Dash’ Automatic Toner and Ink Delivery Now Available for Brother Printers
- December 2015: New Brother ‘Business-Centric’ ADS and Professional Document Scanners
- June 2015: Brother Launches Color Inkjet All-in-Ones with Refillable Ink Tanks in India
- May 2015: New Brother INKvestment All-in-Ones MFC-J5920DW and MFC-J6925DW Ship with Super High-Yield Ink Carts
- March 2015: Brother Teams up with PrinterOn to Offer PrintSmart Mobile, PrintSmart Mobile Zone
- February 2015: Brother Launches New A3 ‘InkBenefit’ Color Inkjet All-in-One in India
- December 2014: Print Tracker Now Provides Expanded Reporting for Brother Printers and MFPs