Epson America is today extending its professional-photo printer lineup with the introduction of its new 64-inch SureColor P20000 printer ($11,995 MSRP). Successor to the Epson Stylus Pro 11880, Epson says the new SureColor P20000 leverages an enhanced PrecisionCore MicroTFP inkjet print head, newly developed media-feeding system, and reformulated Epson UltraChrome PRO nine-color pigment-ink system featuring four-level gray technology to provide “unmatched print quality and unparalleled production speeds for professional photographers, fine art reproduction and display graphics printers.”
The firm says the SureColor P20000’s new 10-channel PrecisionCore MicroTFP print head deliver output up to 2.8-times faster speed than previous Epson models for “true production-level printing.” The PrecisionCore MicroTFP print head measures 2.64-inches and is capable of printing at up to 2,400 x 1,200 dpi. Combined with the new Epson UltraChrome PRO nine-color pigment-ink system, Epson says the SureColor P20000 provides outstanding color and black density. It also notes that Epson UltraChrome PRO is the first pigment-ink set to feature four-levels of gray-ink technology, including Gray, Light Gray, Dark Gray, and Black pigments, to provide “seamless transitions with less visible noise and reduced bronzing for superior grayscale output.” The SureColor P20000 also uses improved Resin Encapsulation Technology for “output with superior gloss uniformity, and exceptional overall contrast ratio and clarity.”
Other new features include:
- Epson PrecisionCore MicroTFP Print Head Technology: Ten-channel print head provides “high-performance and consistency to deliver high-production, high-quality output.” Supports variable size ink-droplet technology as small as 3.5 picoliters. New enhancements include Nozzle Verification Technology and automatic nozzle-cleaning without the use of additional media.
- Epson UltraChrome PRO Inks: UltraChrome PRO inks use four-level gray ink technology to produce “outstanding grayscale prints.” A new Yellow pigment formulation is said to provide up to twice the overall print permanence and longevity when compared with the previous-generation ink set.
- Individual ink cartridges with capacities of up to 700 ml.
- Uses a four-level black system to optimize black-and-white print quality, and a screening algorithm for producing “professional black-and-white prints.” There’s also Dedicated Photo Black and Matte Black channels for automatic real-time black-ink type switching.
- New Advanced Media-Feeding System: Featuring all-new CMOS sensors, the SureColor P20000 captures photographs from the back side of the media in real-time, and incorporates a pattern-recognition algorithm to ensure accurate media placement. New inductive rollers automatically load cut-sheet media without skewing, and protect media from scratches throughout the printing process.
- Advanced Cut Sheet Media Handling: Ideal for softer fine art papers, such as the Epson Legacy Paper line, Epson says the SureColor P20000 supports accurate cut-sheet media loading for media ranging from 13” x 19” up to 64” wide. The SureColor P20000 also supports straight-through poster board media up to 1.5mm thick from 17” to 64” wide. Border-free printing is also supported for a variety of media sizes.
- Internal Print Server: An internal 320-GB print server is said to boost “workgroup productivity by quickly transferring print jobs to free-up workstations; adds print queue management, as well as print-job save and reprint functionality.”
- Optional True Adobe Postscript 3 Hardware Engine: Optional Postscript engine (available for $1199.95) enables direct- and hot-folder batch printing, support for secure PDF printing, and is fully compatible with the latest Adobe Creative Cloud software suites.
- Optional Auto Take-up Reel System: User-installable and intended for unsupervised production of large print runs with roll-to-roll requirements; available for $1,295.
For more information and complete specifications, visit Epson here.
The Epson SureColor P20000 will be on display at the West Coast Art and Frame show being held January 25-27, 2016 at the Paris Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas in Epson’s booth
The Epson SureColor P20000 will be available in March via authorized Epson Professional Imaging resellers.
- January 2016: Epson Expands SureColor Wide-Format Color Inkjet Lineup with Three New Models
- September 2015: Epson Expands SureColor Wide-Format Color Printer Family with P-Series, Starts at $2,995
- August 2015: New Epson SureColor F-Series Dye-Sub Large-Format Printers Feature New High-Density Black Ink
- April 2015: Epson’s New SureColor Wide-Format Color Inkjet Printer Prints on 17″ Wide Media
- October 2014: New Nine-Color Epson SureColor P600 for Advanced Photo Printing
- July 2014: Epson Shipping SureColor F7170 Dye-Sub Wide-Format Textile Printer
- July 2014: Epson Rolls Out Next-Generation SureColor T-Series Printers with PrecisionCore TFP Inkjet Print Head
- January 2014: Epson Unveils Latest Dye-Sub Printer for Fabric Printing, the SureColor F7170
- August 2013: Epson Introduces First Dye-Sublimation Printers, the SureColor SC-F7000 and SC-F6000