New Ricoh A4 MP C406 Copier/MFP with ‘Tablet-Style’ Touch Screen, NFC Connectivity
Ricoh Americas is rolling out its latest color laser copier/MFP, the MP C406 ($5,745 MSRP), which features Ricoh’s tablet-style touch screen for ease-of-use, as well as mobile printing (including NFC touch-to-print), and cloud connectivity.
This A4 MFP (print and scan with up to 8.5″x14″ media and documents), prints at up to 42 (black)/36 (color) ppm, and also features a compact footprint, Ricoh’s latest user-authentication, standard automatic duplex printing, and maximum 1,350-sheet paper capacity.
The MP C406’s Smart Operation Panel touch screen enables users to drag, drop, pinch, flick, and swipe to capture and manage documents. The embedded Web browser connects users to the Internet, including Ricoh’s Integrated Cloud Environment (ICE).
Also featured is near field communication (NFC) technology, allowing users of NFC-compatible smartphones and tablets to access the MFP and send print jobs from their mobile devices with the Ricoh Smart Device Connector App. An optional NFC card reader also allows users to swipe their company issued NFC-enabled ID card at the MFP for quicker user authentication.
Other features include:
- Print, copy, scan, and fax.
- Optional Ricoh Hotspot mobile printing, for printing from any mobile platform with Wi-Fi or Internet access.
- 50-sheet reversing automatic document feeder.
- Standard PCL 5c/6, Adobe PostScript 3, and PDF Direct printing; optional XPS Direct Print and PictaBridge printing.
- Standard Ethernet network interface and USB port; optional wireless connectivity.
- Poster copy mode, which lets users convent a standard-size document into a poster by combining nine sheets together.
- Silent mode for printing more quietly.
- Ricoh’s Device software manager, a PC-based tool that simplifies and automates print-driver installation and updates.
- An embedded app for ID card copying.
- Standard hard drive and embedded Java for enabling optional extended features.
- Black toner cartridge is rated to yield up to 17,000 pages, while each cyan, magenta, and yellow toner cartridge is rated to yield up to 6,000 pages
For more information and complete specifications, visit Ricoh here.