New Canon SELPHY CP1200 Wireless Photo Printer with Increased Battery Life
Canon U.S.A. is expanding its line of SELPHY color consumer photo printers with the SELPHY CP1200 Wireless Compact Photo Printer ($105.99 MSRP), which features an optional direct-attachable battery and Wi-Fi button for connection to Wi-Fi wireless networks,
The optional direct-attachable battery, which is sold separately, can be used to print 54 photos per charge – an increase from the 36 images available with previous models.
Other features include:
- AirPrint mobile printing from compatible Apple mobile devices.
- A card-size printing options, so that users can create pass cases, messages, decorated albums, and more with the option of adding white or black borders to the layout.
- Print postage-stamp size sheets, featuring eight thumbnails or a combination of images.
- Borderless printing.
- Interfaces include: Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n), SD card slots, PictBridge port, Hi-Speed USB port, and USB flash-memory drive port.
- Image optimization via the printer via a compatible mobile or tablet device (requires an Internet connection and the Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for iPhone app, available for free on the App Store, Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for Android app available for free on Google Play, or Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for Windows RT, available for free in the Windows Store).
- Uses dye-sublimation printing, and also applies a water-resistant coating to photos that Canon says will help photos last up to 100 years.
For more information and complete specifications, visit Canon here.