IDC: Worldwide Printer/Copier/MFP Market Declines in Third Quarter, but Business-Inkjet Shipments up 16.3 Percent
Business-inkjet printer and All-in-One shipments maintained their momentum in the third quarter of 2015 (3Q15) with 2.2 million units shipped and 16.3 percent year-over-year growth. However, the overall worldwide hardcopy-peripherals market recorded a year-over-year decline of -6.3 percent in 3Q15, according to the International Data Corporation (IDC ) Worldwide Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals (HCP) Tracker. Total shipments fell to 25.8 million units, while the corresponding shipment value fell by -5.7 percent to $13.8 billion over the same period.
Note that IDC tracks A2-A4 devices in its Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals. Hardcopy peripherals include single-function printers, multifunctional systems (MFPs), and single-function digital copiers (SF DC).
Notable highlights in the third quarter included:
- Shipments of Basic and Managed print-services devices continue to grow, posting more than 380,000 units in 3Q15.
- The United States maintained positive year-over-year shipment growth with close to 5.6 million units.
- High-end color laser devices (45 ppm+) recorded double-digit year-over-year growth (15.3 percent).
- Kyocera Document Solutions outperformed all other top 10 vendors with 6.1 percent year-over-year growth, resulting in 415,000 units shipped.
Worldwide Hardcopy Peripherals Market Share and Year-Over-Year Growth for Q3 2015 (based on unit shipments)
|Vendors||3Q15 Units Shipment||3Q15 Market Share||3Q14 Units Shipment||3Q14 Market Share||3Q15/3Q14 Growth|
Source: IDC Worldwide Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker, December 8. 2015
For more information about IDC’s Worldwide Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker, contact IDC’s Phuong Hang at email@example.com.
- October 2015: New Epson WorkForce Force Pro Business Inkjets Compatible with Print-Management Solutions
- May 2015: IDC: Slight Decline in Worldwide Printer/MFP Market for First-Quarter 2015
- February 2015: Context: HP is Business-Inkjet Market Leader in Western Europe
- February 2015: IDC: Worldwide Printer, MFP Shipment Values Increase, Color Laser Makes Gains
- February 2015: IDC: Western Europe Printer, MFP Shipments Show Slight Decline, Business Inkjets Make Gains
- February 2015: Canon Launches Maxify Business-Inkjet Models in India, Aims to Reach 4 Million SOHO Customers
- January 2015: Epson Brings Business Inkjets with Replaceable Ink Packs for Printing Up to 75,000 Pages to the U.S.
- December 2014: IDC: Worldwide Printer,MFP Shipment Values Increase in Third Quarter, Slight Decline in Shipments
- March 2014: New HP Officejet Pro Business Inkjet All-in-Ones Feature Ink-Replacement Service; Mopria, NFC Mobile Printing; Cloud Storage