New Ricoh Consulting Group to Help Production-Printing Customers with Color-Management, ‘Pain Points,’ More
Ricoh Americas reports that it’s created the Ricoh Consulting Group, which will consist of Ricoh production-printing experts who will advise production-printing clients on color management, workflow automation, and business systems. The firm says the Ricoh Consulting Group is its latest step in its services-led “go-to-market” approach, as it looks to deliver resources beyond hardware and software offerings.
The Ricoh Consulting Group offers these services:
- Strategic Business Systems Consulting provides hands-on analysis of crucial areas of a customer’s operation. Ricoh’s consultants examine the customer’s overall business plans, operating strategies, and potential workflow gaps. Common services performed include Operational Reviews, Voice of Customer Studies, Market Rate Development, and Project Management services for complex solution implementations such as MIS and e-Commerce. The Ricoh team also develops strategic business plans to address growth strategies.
- Workflow Automation is focused on conducting in-depth workflow assessments of e-Commerce, Web Storefront, and MIS technology platforms. The end result of these assessments is a strategy and roadmap for customers to leverage existing and new technology investments required to automate intensive manual print workflows.
- Document Composition and Multi-channel Distribution is designed to help customers with a communication-management strategy. Features of this service include: streamlining design; determining invoice-distribution paths for electronic presentment, payment and distribution; creating business rules to create content, splits, sorts, grouping and house-holding; identifying content required from host applications; funneling print jobs according to their requirements; and helping to ensure efficiency while reducing waste and cost.
- Color Management uncovers ways to help ensure an end-user’s vision matches their execution. Ricoh’s color-management consulting services address common issues with color “gaps” or limited color capabilities, including providing G7 Master certification services. This service addresses the needs of both small print-service providers and large enterprises that seek to streamline their color-management process and automate a heterogeneous environment that may include toner, inkjet, and traditional offset printing.
- Business Continuity Services and Disaster Recovery Services assess the customers’ business-continuity plan in the event of a variety of disasters, as well as help customers develop strategies and enable Disaster Recovery as a service to minimize losses and maintain business continuity.
“Today’s print business is increasingly complex and advances in technology and customer expectations have accelerated the pace of change beyond the reach of most companies,” commented Brian Balow, vice president of Professional Services & Strategic Vertical Markets for Ricoh’s Production Printing Business Group. “Seeing this change, our vision with the Ricoh Consulting Group is to help accelerate and transform the way our customers think about and do business in the future. We’ve seen printers struggling to adapt, unsure of how to proceed in this new world of work. We’ve also seen thriving service providers unsure how to take their business to the next level. That is exactly why we’ve tapped these experts with vast amounts of ‘street knowledge’ to help our customers solve these complex issues and capitalize on services that address new market opportunities. We know that together we’ll achieve benchmark performance levels.”
For more information about the Ricoh Consulting Group, visit Ricoh here.
February 2015: Ricoh Five-Color Pro C7100X Production Printer Now Available