Canon Wins Toner-, Imaging-Drum Patent-Infringement Lawsuit Against ASTA
Canon Inc. of Tokyo reports that it’s successfully concluded a patent infringement dispute with Shenzhen ASTA Official Consumable Company in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York involving toner cartridges and imaging drums sold for use in Canon and Hewlett-Packard laser printers.
As a result of the lawsuit, the Southern District Court has issued a permanent injunction prohibiting Shenzhen ASTA from making, using, selling, and offering for sale in the United States, and from importing into the United States, the toner cartridges and imaging drums that Canon says infringe on its patents.
Canon had filed suit against Shenzhen ASTA on May 7, 2014, in the Southern District Court for infringement of Canon’s U.S. Patent Nos. 8,280,278, 8,433,219, 8,437,669, 8,494,411, 8,630,564, 8,676,090, 8,682,215, and 8,688,008. On November 6th, the curt entered default judgment and issued a permanent injunction against ASTA, permanently barring ASTA’s sale and manufacture of the accused products.
- October 2015: Canon Wins Injunction Barring TonerPirate.com from Selling Alleged Patent-Infringing Toner Cartridges in the U.S.
- April 2015: Printronic Agrees to Not Sell Alleged Canon Patent-Infringing Toner Cartridges, Drums, in U.S.
- March 2015: Canon Withdraws Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Action Against Seine
- February 2015: X Com Shop Agrees to Stop Selling Toner Cartridges that Allegedly Infringe Upon Canon Patents
- December 2014: Canon Expands Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Campaign to Germany
- November 2014: Canon Takes Toner-Cartridge Patent-Enforcement Campaign to Russia
- October 2014: ACM Agrees Not to Sell Alleged Canon Patent-Infringing Toner Cartridges in U.S.
- September 2014: Canon Successfully Concludes Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Lawsuit Against Grand Image
- September 2014: Print-Rite to Settle with Canon over Alleged Toner-Cartridge Patent Infringement
- August 2014: Canon Takes Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Lawsuit Campaign to the U.K.
- August 2014: Canon Takes Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Campaign to Russia
- August 2014: Canon Wins Patent-Infringement Lawsuit Against Korean Supplies Maker AlphaChem
- July 2014: Canon Wins Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Suit Against Nectron
- May 2014: Katun Refutes Canon Patent-Infringement Lawsuit