New HIPAA-Compliance Program Provides Consulting and Training
Konica Minolta is introducing a new HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) and security compliance program. The program was developed in partnership with the HIPAA consulting, training and certification company, ecfirst Inc., which provides a variety of HIPAA consulting, training, and certification services to healthcare providers and their business associates. Konica Minolta says the program is complemented by its own professional services and solutions offerings, including managed IT, cloud, and other customized security and workflow solutions.
As part of the HIPAA privacy and security rules, every covered entity and business associate must conduct regular risk-analysis, training, review of policies, and remediation activities, with a recommendation to conduct them annually. As the company notes, federal compliance and security requirement-related violations have resulted in HIPAA fines in the millions of dollars when patient data is breached
According to Konica Minolta, whether they be covered entities (healthcare providers, payers, and clearing houses), or business associates (vendors to covered entity organizations), engaging risk and vulnerability assessments, HIPAA and Security Compliance Consulting from Konica Minolta can help enable organizations lower business risks, without adding extra personnel to an organization’s payroll.
Konica Minolta’s HIPAA program provides the following service offerings:
- HIPAA Training and certification programs.
- Risk analysis to address HIPAA.
- Technical-vulnerability assessment.
- Penetration-testing, including healthcare Web applications.
- Security-policy and procedure development.
- On-demand consulting.
- HIPAA managed services program.
For more information, visit Konica Minolta here.
- October 2015: Konica Minolta Bolsters Healthcare IT Solutions Portfolio with Acquisition of Viztek
- April 2015: Konica Minolta Adds Prescription-Form Printing with bizhub MFPs to Dispatcher Phoenix Healthcare
- November 2014: Kno2 Healthcare Information-Exchange Platform Now Available for Konica Minolta bizhub MFPs
- February 2014: Konica Minolta Adds Scanning Solution for Health-Care Professionals