Worldwide Mobile-Printing Market to Grow at CAGR of 32.5 Percent
The Market Research Store, which is headquartered in Deerfield Beach, Florida, has released a report that indicates that the global mobile-printing market will grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 32.5 percent from 2014 to 2019. The report comes on the heels of recent research from market-research firm InfoTrends that indicates that almost half of the respondents in a European survey want to print from a mobile device, and almost all for personal reasons.
According to research from InfoTrends, half of those surveyed with mobile devices want to print from their mobile phones, and nearly all of these respondents wanted to do so for personal reasons. However, InfoTrends has identified several barriers that currently inhibit this potential from being reached.
“Knowing where to find an accessible printer” was the most popular response for printing for personal purposes followed by “technical connectivity problems to the printer.” It appears that there is a definite opportunity in Western Europe for more mobile print-compatible printers to be placed in homes, workplaces, and alternative locations. “Public transit locations—such as airports, bus stations, and train terminals—are particularly important print locations for mobile device users,” says John Shane, director of InfoTrends’ Communication Supplies Consulting Service. “Given the nature of travel and the reasons why people are there, these places could potentially charge a premium for printing services. There are also far fewer public transit locations and some are hubs, which could make coverage easier.”
The most common barriers for mobile printing were “knowing where to find an accessible printer” and “technical connectivity problems to the printer,” while Western Europe was said to present many opportunities for developing mobile print-compatible printers in homes and workplaces.
- October 2015: Five New Dell Desktop All-in-Ones Feature Cloud and SharePoint Connectivity, NFC Mobile Printing
- September 2015: New Samsung ProXpress M4030ND Printer and M4080FX MFP Feature NFC Tap-to-Print Mobile Print and NFC User Authentication
- September 2015: This Week in Imaging: Canon All-in On Mobile Printing
- July 2015: Konica Minolta Enhances Mobile-Print and Management with ‘EveryonePrint’, Mobile Management Services
- May 2015: 28 Toshiba MFPs Certified for Mopria Android Mobile Printing