Epson America today announced the WorkForce Pro WF-6590 color-inkjet All-in-One ($549.99 USD; $669.99 CDN) and color-inkjet WorkForce Pro WF-6090 stand-alone printer ($349.99 USD; $429.99 CDN). Epson says the new models are its fastest letter/legal-size office printers to date, with color and black print speeds of 24 ISO ppm, and says customers can save up to 50-percent on printing costs versus similarly featured color lasers models. The All-in-One and printer also support remote data-collection with third-party manged print services (MPS) software solutions, including print-data-collection software from PrintFleet, ECi FMAudit, and Print Audit
The new models also feature Epson DURABrite Pro high-yield cartridges that can print up to 14 reams of paper before replacement is required – the high-yield ink cartridges can print up to 7,000 pages color/10,000 pages black. They also feature paper capacities of up 1,580 sheets when equipped with optional paper trays. Designed for workgroup use, the new models are available through the commercial – not retail – channel (see below).
The new A4 letter-/legal-size models (print and scan on up to 8.5″x14″) also feature auto-duplex two-sided printing, and support PCL, PostScript 3, remote printing, and cloud access. They feature standard security-related features such as PIN-based print-job release at the control panel; access and usage control; and SSL/TLS communication.
Other features include:
- Based on Epson’s PrecisionCore color inkjet-printing technology.
- Equipped with both wired and wireless capabilities.
- Print from smartphones and tablets via Epson Connect mobile- and remote-printing solutions.
- Support Near Field Communication (NFC) for touch-to-print with NFC-enabled mobile devices.
- For security, all wireless features can be disabled.
- Utility software enables IT to remotely set up and adjust settings for multiple printers:
- Includes Embedded Web Server (EWS) for advanced device configuration and monitoring.
- Print drivers and utilities for Windows, Mac; universal print driver for PCL and PostScript, scanner utilities, and Remote Printing Drivers.
The WorkForce Pro WF-6590 All-in-One and WF-6090 single-function printer are available now through IT and specialty dealers, value-added resellers, National Service Providers such as SHI and CDW, contract-office suppliers, and other authorized Epson commercial resellers.
- October 2015: New ‘Heavy-Duty’ Epson WorkForce Pro WF-6530 with 4,000-Page-Yield Color Ink Cartridges
- September 2015: New Epson PM-400 Personal Photo Lab Printer
- August 2015: New Epson EcoTank Inkjets Said to Print up to Two Years Without Needing Ink Replacement
- May 2015: Hands-On Test Report, Photos, and Video: Epson’s WorkForce Pro WF-4630 A4 All-in-One
- April 2015: Hands-On Test Report, Photos, and Video: Epson’s WorkForce WF-7610 ‘True’ Large-Format All-in-One
- April 2015: Epson’s New Expression Home XP-420 ‘Small-in-One’ Inkjet Provides Wireless, Cloud, and Mobile Connectivity
- February 2015: Review, Hands-On Test Report, Photos & Video: Hands-On with Epson’s WorkForce Pro WF-5690 Business-Class MFP (Updated)
- January 2015: Epson Brings Business Inkjets with Replaceable Ink Packs for Printing Up to 75,000 Pages to the U.S.
- December 2014: New Epson A3 Business Inkjet MFP, Printer, Bring A3 Printing Closer to Workers in Small and Mid-Size Workgroups
- November 2014: Epson Rolls Out ‘World’s Smallest and Lightest’ Mobile Printer, the WorkForce WF-100