Canon Wins Lawsuit Against OOO Softtrade, which Must Destroy Toner Cartridges
Canon Inc. of Tokyo reports that it’s successfully concluded a toner-cartridge patent-infringement dispute in Russia before the Moscow State Arbitration Court against ООО Softtrade’s alleged infringement of Canon’s Russian Patent No. 2467370. In its lawsuit, Canon contended that certain toner cartridges designed for use in Hewlett-Packard laser printers and marketed by OOO Software infringed upon its Russian patent.
In the September 8, 2015 ruling, the Russian court has satisfied all of Canon’s claims, and has barred ООО Softtrade from selling the toner cartridges. OOO Softtrade is also required to destroy the toner cartridges at its own expense, as well as to publish at its own expense the court decision in the official bulletin of the federal executive authority concerning intellectual property. A declaratory decision on liability for damages is also included in the decision.
- July 2014 – CANON WINS TONER-CARTRIDGE PATENT-INFRINGEMENT SUIT AGAINST NECTRON
- August 2014 – CANON WINS PRINTER-CONSUMABLES PATENT-INFRINGEMENT LAWSUIT AGAINST THREE COMPANIES
- August 2014 – CANON WINS PATENT-INFRINGEMENT LAWSUIT AGAINST KOREAN SUPPLIES MAKER ALPHACHEM
- August 2014 – CANON TAKES TONER-CARTRIDGE PATENT-INFRINGEMENT CAMPAIGN TO RUSSIA
- August 2014 – CANON TAKES TONER-CARTRIDGE PATENT-INFRINGEMENT LAWSUIT CAMPAIGN TO THE U.K.
- September 2014 – CANON SUCCESSFULLY CONCLUDES TONER-CARTRIDGE PATENT-INFRINGEMENT LAWSUIT AGAINST GRAND IMAGE
- September 2014 – PRINT-RITE TO SETTLE WITH CANON OVER ALLEGED TONER-CARTRIDGE PATENT INFRINGEMENT
- October 2014 – ACM AGREES NOT TO SELL ALLEGED CANON PATENT-INFRINGING TONER CARTRIDGES IN U.S.
- October 2014 – LD PRODUCTS SETTLES WITH CANON, AGREES NOT TO SELL DISPUTED TONER CARTRIDGES IN U.S.
- November 2014 – CANON TAKES TONER-CARTRIDGE PATENT-ENFORCEMENT CAMPAIGN TO RUSSIA
- December 2014 – CANON EXPANDS TONER-CARTRIDGE PATENT-INFRINGEMENT CAMPAIGN TO GERMANY
- January 2015: CANON WINS JUDGEMENTS BARRING ASTER FROM SELLING DISPUTED TONER CARTRIDGES IN THE U.S., HOLLAND, AND FRANCE
- February 2015 – INTERNATIONAL LASER GROUP AGREES NOT TO SELL DISPUTED TONER FOR USE WITH CANON PRINTERS
- February 2015 – CANON WINS INJUNCTION PROHIBITING TONER-CARTRIDGE MAKERS FROM SELLING TONER IN THE U.K.
- March 2015: X COM SHOP AGREES TO STOP SELLING TONER CARTRIDGES THAT ALLEGEDLY INFRINGE UPON CANON PATENTS
- March 2015: CANON WITHDRAWS TONER-CARTRIDGE PATENT-INFRINGEMENT ACTION AGAINST SEINE
- April 2015: Printronic Agrees to Not Sell Alleged Canon Patent-Infringing Toner Cartridges, Drums, in U.S.
- July 2014 – CANON FILES TONER-CARTRIDGE PATENT-INFRINGEMENT LAWSUIT AGAINST TWO U.K.-BASED COMPANIES
- June 2014 – CANON DEFENDANTS AGREE NOT TO SELL TONER CARTRIDGES IN U.S.