HP Scores Largest Indigo-Press Deal to Date with RAKO Purchase
Hewlett-Packard reports that the RAKO-GROUP (RAKO) has purchased two HP Indigo 20000 Digital Presses and nine HP Indigo WS6800 Digital Presses, making it the largest label- and package-printer deal in HP’s Indigo history. The purchase adds to RAKO’s existing fleet of HP Indigo Digital Presses and expands its multi-press, multi-site label- and package-printer digital offerings while providing increased capacity to help meet customer demands.
“For more than a decade we have used HP Indigo digital printing technology to bring value to our customers, which include many of the world’s leading brands,” commented Adrian Tippenhauer, managing director of RAKO. “HP Indigo remains at the core of our digital strategy, and we trust that these digital press additions will help us continue innovating and growing together in the future.”
“RAKO is one of the largest HP Indigo users in labels and packaging and we have worked closely together to help accelerate and expand its digital printing business,” said Alon Bar-Shany, vice president and general manager for HP Indigo. “Today’s announcement marks a monumental investment that further positions RAKO for growth and demonstrates the limitless possibilities with HP Indigo digital printing technology.”
The HP Indigo WS6800 is the flagship model of the HP Indigo WS6000 series, and features the new Color Automation Package, a color-matching solution leveraging an inline spectrophotometer to match brand spot colors. Other recently unveiled HP Indigo WS6800 Digital Press features include a Fade Resistant ink set, the Michelman DP680 Primer for enhanced media versatility and lower cost of operation, as well as new workflow and finishing integrations.
The HP Indigo 20000 won the 2014 InterTech Technology Award for Innovation and produces labels and flexible packaging for leading brands. HP recently announced a new upgrade package for the HP Indigo 20000 that includes a new slitter, reinsertion capabilities, and HP Indigo ElectroInk White formulated specifically for shrink sleeves.
For more information about HP Indigo presses, visit HP here.
- September 2015: New HP Inkjet Production Printers Using HP PageWide Inkjet Print-Head Technology
- August 2015: IDC: Worldwide Shipments for Production Printers up 9.4 Percent in Second Quarter
- May 2015: New HP Latex 3500 and 3100 Latex-Ink Production Printers and HP Scitex 17000 Corrugated Press
- May 2015: More than 100 Billion Pages Printed with HP’s Inkjet Web Platform
- April 2015: HP Previews New PageWide XL Wide-Format Color Inkjet Production Printers
- February 2015: New HP Inkjet Nozzle Architecture Said to Double Production-Printers’ Print Resolution
- October 2014: HP to Develop High-Volume Inkjet Printers; Debuts Indigo 7800 and 30000 Digital Presses
- June 2014: HP Rolls Out Next-Generation HP Indigo 7800 and WS6800 Digital Presses for Printers