New ‘Heavy-Duty’ Epson WorkForce Pro WF-6530 with 4,000-Page-Yield Color Ink Cartridges
Epson America today rolled out its latest business-inkjet All-in-One, the WorkForce Pro WF-6530 ($499.99 MSRP), which Epson says will save customers up to 50 percent on printing costs versus color laser All-in-Ones, and is for small workgroups. Rated at up to 24 ppm in black-and-white and color, the WorkForce Pro WF-6530 uses high-yield ink cartridges, with the high-yield black ink cartridge yielding up to 5,000 pages, and each color ink cartridge yielding up to 4,000 pages (see below for pricing and cost per page).
The WF-6530, which is based on Epson’s PrecisionCore inkjet-printing technology, also features wireless and Wi-Fi Direct wireless connectivity for wireless printing and scanning without a network router,and NFC (Near Field Communication) for touch-to-print from NFC-enabled tablets and smartphones.
Other WorkForce Pro WF-6530 features include:
- Print, copy, scan, and Super Group 3 fax, all in color.
- Print and scan on up to 8.5″x14″. Maximum printable paper size is 13″ x 47.2″ (user-assisted).
- Single-pass, two-sided scanning and copying.
- 50-sheet duplexing automatic document feeder for two-sided copy, scan and fax.
- Automatic duplex printing and copying.
- Two 250-sheet paper trays, plus an 80-sheet rear feeder.
- Duty cycle rated up to to 50,000 pages per month.
- Wireless, Wi-Fi Direct, and NFC. There’s also Epson Connect with Epson Email Print, Epson iPrint Mobile App, and Epson Remote Print, as well as mobile printing for Fire OS, Apple AirPrint, and Google Cloud Print.
- 4.3″ color touchscreen.
- Scan functions include scan to cloud, email, and USB memory drives; created password-protected PDFs from files; and scan to PCs via Document Capture Pro software.
- Connectivity consists of Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port, Wireless (802.11 b/g/n), Ethernet (10/100/1000 Mbps), Wi-Fi Direct, and NFC.
TheWorkForce Pro WF-6530 uses four Epson DURABrite Pro pigment ink cartridges, one each for cyan, magenta, yellow, and black (CYMK). It ships with four 748 standard-yield cartridges, with the black ink cartridge rated to yield 2,500 pages, and the three color ink cartridges rated to yield 2,500 pages.
Replacement 748XL High-capacity ink cartridges are also available. The black 748XL ink cartridge ($99.99) is rated to yield 5,000 pages, while each of the three color ink cartridges ($79.99 each) are rated to yield 4,000 pages. Cost per page using the 748XL cartridges is 1.9 cents for black and 7.8 cents for color.
The WorkForce Pro WF-6530 can be purchased through major computer, office and electronic superstores and e-tailers, mail order, and at the Epson Store.
For more information and complete specifications, visit epson here.
- September 2015: New Epson PM-400 Personal Photo Lab Printer
- August 2015: New Epson EcoTank Inkjets Said to Print up to Two Years Without Needing Ink Replacement
- May 2015: Hands-On Test Report, Photos, and Video: Epson’s WorkForce Pro WF-4630 A4 All-in-One
- April 2015: Hands-On Test Report, Photos, and Video: Epson’s WorkForce WF-7610 ‘True’ Large-Format All-in-One
- April 2015: Epson’s New Expression Home XP-420 ‘Small-in-One’ Inkjet Provides Wireless, Cloud, and Mobile Connectivity
- February 2015: Review, Hands-On Test Report, Photos & Video: Hands-On with Epson’s WorkForce Pro WF-5690 Business-Class MFP (Updated)
- January 2015: Epson Brings Business Inkjets with Replaceable Ink Packs for Printing Up to 75,000 Pages to the U.S.
- December 2014: New Epson A3 Business Inkjet MFP, Printer, Bring A3 Printing Closer to Workers in Small and Mid-Size Workgroups
- November 2014: Epson Rolls Out ‘World’s Smallest and Lightest’ Mobile Printer, the WorkForce WF-100