New A4 Ricoh MP C306 Color Copier/MFP Boasts Tablet-Like Touch Screen, Cloud Connectivity, NFC, More
Ricoh Americas is expanding its A4 copier/MFP lineup with the introduction of a new color MFP, the 31-ppm Ricoh MP C306 ($4,419 MSRP), that prints and scans on up 8.5″x14″. It’s also Ricoh’s first device to incorporate Ricoh’s 10.1″ Smart Operation Panel as a standard feature. The Smart Operation Panel features tablet-like operation that lets users drag, drop, pinch, flick and swipe to capture and manage documents. Ricoh’s Smart Device Print and Scan app also provides mobile connectivity for users of smart phones and tablets, while the embedded Web browser connects users to the Internet, including Ricoh’s Integrated Cloud Environment (ICE), as well as to other cloud-based services.
Measuring 20.1″ wide x 23.1″ deep x 19.9″ tall, the MP C306 has been designed to serve as compact copier/MFP for small and mid-size businesses.
It supports standard near field communication (NFC) technology, allowing users of NFC-enabled smartphones and tablets to use the Ricoh Smart Device Connector app to control the MFP and send print jobs from their NFC-enabled mobile devices. An optional NFC card reader also allows users to simply swipe their company issued NFC-enabled ID card at the MFP for user authentication.
Ricoh also says the MP C306 is among the most energy-efficient A4 color desktop MFPs in the industry, with a faster first print/copy time for reduced power consumption. Other new features include:
- Poster-copy mode, which lets users convert a standard-size document into a poster created by combining nine sheets together.
- Silent mode for printing quietly in libraries and meeting areas.
- Device Software Manager, a PC-based utility that simplifies and automates print-driver installation and updates.
- Embedded apps to streamline functions, such as ID-card copying and scan-to-folder.
- Standard 320 GB hard disk drive and embedded Java for a solution-ready desktop MFP.
Other specifications include:
- Standard: PCL 5c/6 and Adobe PostScript 3 print drivers, as well as optional PDF Direct printing, XPS Direct Print, and Pict Bridge printing.
- Ethernet (10BASE-T/100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T) network interface, and optional Wireless LAN IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n and IEEE 1284/ECP.
- Scanning at up to 32 images per minute at 200 dpi in both full-color and black-and-white (simplex mode).
- Scan-to-email (POP, SMTP, TCP/IP), scan-to folder (SMB/FTP), network TWAIN scanning, and scan-to-USB drives and SD cards.
- Super Group 3 fax.
- 50-sheet reversing automatic document feeder.
- 350-sheet paper capacity expandable to 1,350 sheets.
- Security features that include network user authentication, IP address filtering, HDD Data Overwrite, HDD Encryption, Copy Guard Security, Secure Print, Encrypted Secure Print, Encrypted PDF Mode, Digitally Signed PDF, IP Sec, SSL/TLS, SNMPv3, SMTP over SSL, security for IEEE 802.11i/w, IPv6, and Transport Layer Security.
The MPC306 may be integrated with a number of optional accounting, management, and mobility solutions, including:
- Assessment and cost recovery: Equitrac Express, Equitrac Office, and PCS Director.
- Device management: @Remote Office, Device Manager NX Enterprise, Device Manager NX Lite, Device Manager NX Pro, Printer Driver Packager NX, and Streamline NX.
- Mobility: Ricoh HotSpot – Ricoh App for Google Cloud Print, Ricoh HotSpot Enterprise and HotSpot Express.
For more information and complete specifications, visit Ricoh here.
- September 2015: Ricoh’s New SP C440DN Desktop Color Laser Printer Can Now Be Connected to Two Networks at Once
- August 2015: New Ricoh HotSpot Express Provides Mobile Printing Outside the Company Firewall
- July 2015: New Ricoh SP 6430DN A3 Desktop Printer Uses Ricoh’s Latest LED-Printing Technology
- June 2015: Ricoh Offering ECM’s Syncplicity Secure Cloud-Based Document-Storage and Sharing Solution
- April 2015: Ricoh Brings ‘Big-Business Power’ to Small Offices with New Desktop A4 Printer, MFPs
- February 2015: New Ricoh Desktop A4 Printer SP 4510DN, SP 4510SF MFP Start at $725
- February 2015: Two New Fleet-Management Solutions from Ricoh, Device Manager NX Pro, Device Manager NX Enterprise
- February 2015: Ricoh Introduces ‘Legal MFP’ Optimized for Streamlining Legal Document Processes, Adds iCONECT-XERA Support
- November 2014: New Ricoh MFP Series with Optional Smart Operation Panel for Tablet and Smartphone Use