Konica Minolta Bolsters Healthcare IT Solutions Portfolio with Acquisition of Viztek
Konica Minolta of Tokyo reports that its acquired Viztek LLC, a healthcare-imaging solution provider based in Garner, North Carolina. Konica Minolta completed the acquisition through the arm of Konica Minolta Medical Imaging U.S.A. for an undisclosed sum.
Viztek is a provider of IT solutions for healthcare, including proprietary diagnostic imaging hardware, software, and healthcare IT solution services, and is said to have a strong sales channel and a deep customer base in hospitals and clinics across the country. Konica Minolta says Viztek’s strong presence and customer loyalty complements Konica Minolta’s customer base and healthcare solutions lineup across all markets – hospital, primary care, outpatient clinic, imaging center and teleradiology.
Through this acquisition, the firm says it’ll strengthen its Primary Imaging Solutions capabilities with a high growth potential in the United States, the world’s largest healthcare market. The integration with Viztek will enable it to provide enhanced value through its healthcare IT solutions centered on Digital Radiography (DR) and integrated X-ray devices, and point-of-care ultrasound.
Konica Minolta notes that it’s been building up its healthcare business globally by developing technologies and integrating diagnostic imaging equipment, both in DR and ultrasound.
- September 2015: Konica Minolta Canada Acquires Managed Services Provider IT Weapons Inc.
- July 2015: Konica Minolta Expands ECM Offerings with Acquisition of Various Hershey Technologies Assets
- June 2015: Konica Minolta Acquires Canon, IT Services Dealer SymQuest
- May 2015: Konica Minolta’s All Covered Acquires Assets of America’s Remote Help Desk
- May 2015: Konica Minolta’s All Covered Acquires Assets of Techcess Group
- April 2015: Konica Minolta’s All Covered Acquires Boston-Based EveryNetwork
- April 2015: Konica Minolta Says Monotech Acquisition Will Quadruple Its Production-Print Sales Branches in India
- February 2015: Konica Minolta’s All Covered Acquires Preferred Networks
- January 2015: Konica Minolta Acquires Milsul in Order to Enhance Production-Printing Business in Brazil