Canon Wins Injunction Barring TonerPirate.com from Selling Alleged Patent-Infringing Toner Cartridges in the U.S.
As part of its continuing global drive to prevent companies from selling printer toner cartridges and imaging drums that it says infringe on its patents, Canon Inc. of Tokyo reports it’s successfully resolved its patent-infringement dispute against Zinyaw LLC. The case involved certain toner cartridges and photosensitive drum units that Zinyaw LLC, which does business under the name of TonerPirate.com, sold for use in Canon and Hewlett-Packard laser printers.
To resolve the dispute, Zinyaw has stipulated to a consent judgment and permanent injunction from the Southern District of New York as to U.S. Patent Nos. 8,280,278, 8,433,219, 8,437,669, 8,494,411, 8,630,564, 8,676,090, 8,682,215, and 8,688,008. The consent judgment and permanent injunction prohibit Zinyaw from making, using, selling, and offering for sale in the United States, and from importing into the United States, the toner cartridges and photosensitive drum units that Canon accused Zinyaw of infringing upon.
- April 2015: Printronic Agrees to Not Sell Alleged Canon Patent-Infringing Toner Cartridges, Drums, in U.S.
- March 2015: Canon Withdraws Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Action Against Seine
- February 2015: X Com Shop Agrees to Stop Selling Toner Cartridges that Allegedly Infringe Upon Canon Patents
- December 2014: Canon Expands Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Campaign to Germany
- November 2014: Canon Takes Toner-Cartridge Patent-Enforcement Campaign to Russia
- October 2014: ACM Agrees Not to Sell Alleged Canon Patent-Infringing Toner Cartridges in U.S.
- September 2014: Canon Successfully Concludes Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Lawsuit Against Grand Image
- September 2014: Print-Rite to Settle with Canon over Alleged Toner-Cartridge Patent Infringement
- August 2014: Canon Takes Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Lawsuit Campaign to the U.K.
- August 2014: Canon Takes Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Campaign to Russia
- August 2014: Canon Wins Patent-Infringement Lawsuit Against Korean Supplies Maker AlphaChem
- July 2014: Canon Wins Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Suit Against Nectron
- May 2014: Katun Refutes Canon Patent-Infringement Lawsuit