Epson Makes a Splash with ‘Swimming In Ink’ EcoTank Promotion in NYC’s Times Square
Don’t try at this home, of course – but Epson America is marking the introduction of its EcoTank color inkjet All-in-Ones with an unusual event in New York City’s Times Square: a demonstration of the U.S. National Synchronized Swimming Team swimming in a massive, 17,000-gallon see-through swimming tank containing cyan, magenta, and yellow “ink.”
You can check out the liver action September 24-25 here. The event features hourly performances on September 24th, beginning at approximately 9 a.m. and concluding at approximately 6 p.m. Each performance features members of the U.S. National Synchronized Swimming Team. The newly named 2016 Olympic Synchronized Swimming Duet will also be in attendance.
Along with the “Swimming In Ink” event, office-equipment retailer Staples will also provide “Print All you Want” days with Epson EcoTank printers in 16 stores across the New York metropolitan area from September 23-25. Business people, students, and others are welcome to bring electronic files contained on any USB-based removable media into any of the participating Staples and print documents up to 100 pages and up to 10 4″x6″ photos for free.
During their performances, the U.S. National Synchronized Swimming Team will wear original swimsuits designed for “Swimming In Ink” by Triflare, the official competition apparel sponsor of USA Synchro. The Triflare original designs were printed using Epson SureColor F-Series dye-sublimation printing technology.
The Epson EcoTank series consists of five All-in-One color inkjets featuring large ink reservoirs – what Epson defines as the Supertank category – that come loaded and ready with up to two years of ink. For more on the new EcoTank series, see our story New Epson EcoTank Inkjets Said to Print up to Two Years Without Needing Ink Replacement.
Epson’s EcoTank printers are now available at Staples and through other major computer, office and electronic superstores, e-tailers and mail-order companies including Best Buy, Office Depot, Amazon, Microcenter, Costco.com, Samsclub.com, Target.com, Walmart.com, and the epsonstore.com.
- September 2015: New Epson PM-400 Personal Photo Lab Printer
- August 2015: New Epson EcoTank Inkjets Said to Print up to Two Years Without Needing Ink Replacement
- May 2015: Hands-On Test Report, Photos, and Video: Epson’s WorkForce Pro WF-4630 A4 All-in-One
- April 2015: Hands-On Test Report, Photos, and Video: Epson’s WorkForce WF-7610 ‘True’ Large-Format All-in-One
- April 2015: Epson’s New SureColor Wide-Format Color Inkjet Printer Prints on 17″ Wide Media
- April 2015: Epson’s New Expression Home XP-420 ‘Small-in-One’ Inkjet Provides Wireless, Cloud, and Mobile Connectivity
- February 2015: Review, Hands-On Test Report, Photos & Video: Hands-On with Epson’s WorkForce Pro WF-5690 Business-Class MFP (Updated)