New Samsung ProXpress M4030ND Printer and M4080FX MFP Feature NFC Tap-to-Print Mobile Print and NFC User Authentication
Last week, Samsung Electronics introduced its new ProXpress M4030ND printer and M4080FX MFP. The two new black-and-white devices are A4 devices with printing on up to 8.5″x14″, and are for small and mid-size businesses.
Samsung rates the new ProXpress M4030/4080 series at up to 40 ppm. The 4030ND printer’s capacity can be expanded to 2,850 sheets, while the 4080FX MFP’s paper capacity can be expanded to 2,300 sheets. Maximum monthly volume for both is 120,000 pages.
Samsung says the M4080FX MFP scans three-times faster than other models in the market – it rates scan speed at 35 (simplex)/60 (duplex) images per minute (ipm).
Key features of the ProXpress M4030/4080 series include:
- 1 GHz dual-core processor
- Various secure user-authentication options are available. The new series may be equipped with options that require users to authenticate themselves at the device before the print job is released for printings: by entering a PIN, or ID and password, or with a tap of their identification card or NFC-enabled mobile device.
- Duplex two-sided printing.
- Standard 550-sheet paper capacity, plus a 100-sheet multi-purpose tray for the ProXpress 4030.
- Includes these print drivers: PCL 5e, PCL 6, PostScript 3 emulations, as well as Direct V1.7, XPS, TIFF, URF, and PWG printing.
- Standard Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port and Ethernet 10/100/1000 Base TX network interface; optional Active NFC and optional 802.11b/g/n wireless connectivity.
- Mobile printing with support for Google Cloud Print, Samsung Mobile Print App, and NFC mobile printing for NFC-enabled mobile devices (for a look at NFC mobile printing, see our story What Is NFC Touch-to-Print and Why It’s a Big Deal for Mobile Printing).
- A standard-yield toner cartridge yields up to 10,000 pages, while a high-yield toner cartridge yields up to 20,000 pages.
The MFP’s features also include:
- Color scan and scan to hard drive, email, and USB memory drives.
- Duplex print and scan.
- 33.6 Kbps fax.
Solutions for Customization and Management
The M4080FX MFP uses Samsung’s XOA open architecture platform to enable integration of partner and independent software vendor solutions without the need for a server. Solutions such as print-fleet management software can directly be installed to extend and enable functions such as multi-server and multi-site device management.
Both new models are available from Samsung’s channel-partner program and pricing is upon request. For more information and complete specifications on the M4080FX MFP visit Samsung here, and here for the ProXpress M4030ND.
December 2014: Samsung on the First Android OS-Powered Printers