Ricoh Americas reports that it’s launching new additions to its production-printer portfolio with the new Ricoh Pro 8100e series of monochrome production printers, along with the Ricoh Peripheral Interface Port (RPIP), the latter of which it says bring new capabilities to automate commercial, data-center, and corporate production-printing tasks, with more options for in-line document finishing.
The Pro 8100e series features both multifunctional models and printer-only models with print speeds of up to 135 ppm. With the RPIP, customers can now expand their in-line document-finishing options, with Ricoh noting that RPIP aids printers in reducing manual touch points and wait times between printing and document finishing, which can lead to fewer errors, and faster turnaround times.
The Pro 8100e series also features:
- Monthly duty cycle of up to one million impressions per month.
- Nine paper trays with capacity for up to 12,650 sheets.
- Automation of more jobs with RPIP: With in-line document-finishing options, including compatibility with CP Bourg, Duplo and Watkiss document finishers, printers can now produce professional-grade booklets, reporters, brochures, and more. Print jobs can be produced with less reliance on manual tasks, as automatic stapling, hole-punching, saddle-stitching, de-curling, and cover insertion are now fully automated.
- In addition to the Pro 8100e series’ Energy Star rating, the printers also feature standard duplex scanning, and qualify as a Gold level for EPEAT (Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool), based on IEEE 1680 International Standards.
- With the ability to integrate with Ricoh TotalFlow Prep, Print Manager, Path, and BatchBuilder, printers can streamline the output and workflow processes,
- Printing on stocks up to 350 g/m, and transition to textured, coated, or specialty stocks automatically without slowing down job flow. MICR capabilities are also available for check printing.
For more information, visit Ricoh here.
Ricoh Americas press releases:
- September 2015: Ricoh Continues to Help Customers Improve Print Operations with its Newest TotalFlow Enhancements
- September 2015: Ricoh Empowers Customers to Increase Efficiences and Minimize Waste on Short-Run and On-Demand Print Jobs
- September 2015: Ricoh Facilitates Flow of Information Between Offset and Digital Printers with New Software
- September 2015: Ricoh Brings Innovative, New Production Print and Communications Capabilities to Graph Expo 2015
- September 2015: Ricoh Announces Availability of Ricoh Pro C9100 Series, Delivering High Quality and High Speeds at Low Costs
- Wirth Consulting resources:
- July 2015: EFI’s Self-Serve M500 Copy & Print Station, Admin Software, Now Available for Ricoh Production Printers
- July 2015: Ricoh Shipping Pro C7100 Color Production Printer; Prints in White or Clear Toner, and on Textured Media
- April 2015: Ricoh Signs Up with Mimaki USA to Distribute Mimaki’s Flatbed Printers
- February 2015: Ricoh Five-Color Pro C7100X Production Printer Now Available
- October 2014: New Line of EFI Fiery Servers for Latest Ricoh Color Production Printers
- September 2014: Ricoh Previewing New Pro C7100X Production Color-Printing Family, New Continuous-Feed Inkjet Pro VC60000 at Graph Expo
- September 2014: Ricoh Signs on to Sell and Distribute Xante Commercial- and Graphic-Arts Printing Systems