This Week in Imaging: Canon All-in On Mobile Printing
Not too long ago, we had the privilege of participating in an online meeting hosted by Dennis Amorosano, senior director of Canon U.S.A.’s Solutions Marketing & Business Support. The meeting was interesting, as it was an open forum for analysts to discuss the future of mobile computing and printing. With this week’s announcement of new imageCLASS MFPs equipped with the latest mobile printing and scanning technology, it appears that Canon has made its decision to go all out with mobile technology – from AirPrint, to Google Cloud Print, to Mopria, NFC, and mobile apps. With many mobile users still unable to print, making your printers and MFPs mobile-device friendly is still a top priority.
Canon will be displaying these new models and more at its Canon Expo 2015 this week. There’s always lots to see at this once-every-four-years event, including emerging and future Canon technology, and we’ll publish a first-hand look covering it next week.
Be sure to check out our look at your ability to get 1,000 free 4″x6″ photo prints. What really rocked our boat was that PhotoAffections claims that your prints will be produced (not printed) on Kodak or Fuji silver halide photo paper – just like days gone by. Yes, they pre-process your prints and project them onto old-time photo paper that will give you superior image durability and archival properties.
- Get 1,000 Free Photo Prints – What’s the Catch? – Read more here.
- Canon Enhances Next-Generation imageCLASS MFPs with Wi-Fi Direct, Scan to Cloud, NFC, Touch Screens – Read more here.
- Ricoh’s New SP C440DN Desktop Color Laser Printer Can Now Be Connected to Two Networks at Once – Read more here.
- Konica Minolta Offering Square 9’s Smart Search for Document Management – Read more here.
- New Xerox ‘Innovate to Grow’ Designed to Help SMB Channel Partners Grow Sales – Read more here.
Commercial- and Production-Printing News
- Canon Rolls Out imagePRESS C10000VP Series with 1.5-Million Page Monthly Duty Cycle – Read more here.
The Third Dimension
Become a Sponsor and Get the Word Out
Want to get the word out about your product or solution? This weekly newsletter reaches the movers and shakers in the digital-imaging industry, and our Web site is viewed by thousands of readers throughout the world. Contact Kathy Wirth to learn about our affordable advertising rates and how you can reach our readers through either this newsletter or at our Web site, wirthconsulting.org.
Visit alexa.com for verification.