Nuance Releases Next-Generation AutoStore 7, eCopy ShareScan 5.4 for More Efficient Paper-to-Digital Workflows
Nuance Communications has released the next generation of its document-capture software AutoStore,version 7, and eCopy ShareScan, version 5.4. The firm says these latest generations improve the capture and integration of paper-based documents and information into digital workflows.
AutoStore 7 is best-suited for document-capture workflows in which participants submit documents and data into a predefined workflow. Nuance says AutoStore provides a unique user interface for faster speed in capturing critical document information with as little interaction as possible using real-time connections to business systems. Regardless of where business documents are captured and entered into the digital workflow, whether from PCs, laptops, smartphones, tablets, MFPs, scanners, email, or the Web, AutoStore integrates the information into the digital workflow.
AutoStore 7’s enhancements include:
- Enhanced security and compliance – Through dynamic text redaction, AutoStore enables organizations to protect sensitive information without actually searching for any data on the image file. The software matches data on the image file against a specified dictionary and automatically redacts matching data, enabling the organization to more effectively protect personal information and meet compliance demands.
- The software automatically corrects document-capture issues with cameras and smartphones, such as low-quality camera photos, distorted document perspective and warped text, to provide high-quality images.
- A standard interface for scanning and printing, new and updated Document Management System (DMS) routing components, a new Forms Overlay component, and greater flexibility when routing to RightFax provide the ability to reduce complex operations into simplified document workflows.
eCopy ShareScan 5.4
Nuance says eCopy ShareScan 5.4 is best suited for digital workflows where team members, working on a project together, contribute documents and content to the team for further review. By using an MFP within the workgroup’s area, eCopy guides workgroup members through the process of properly capturing documents.
Nuance notes that collaborative work streams often involve “editable” and portable documents delivered to shared document repositories such as network folders, Microsoft SharePoint, document-management systems, and cloud-storage systems, or directly to team members, vendors, and customers through email. It says eCopy ShareScan enables organizations to create and repurpose business content. For instance, with an MFP direct-to-PC desktop inbox for fast routing of scanned documents, and a PDF editing and collaboration application with desktop connectors for publishing to popular shared workspaces and the cloud, Nuance eCopy ShareScan provides further reviewing, editing, and collaboration by team members.
New enhancements to eCopy ShareScan 5.4 include:
- Simultaneously select options and enter data while the MFP is scanning with the new work-while-scanning feature. Users may also combine multiple, long documents more efficiently. The optional document-preview function enables users to merge multiple documents into a single document, check small defined areas with SmartForms, and validate work before the user leaves the MFP.
- eCopy Office, Suite and Enterprise now includes the option for the eCopy Cloud Pak, which provides direct and secure scanning capabilities to Microsoft OneDrive, Google Drive, and Dropbox, plus additional document-management connectivity to DocuWare and Exact Synergy Enterprise.
- New SmartForms automatically enable error-free collaboration processes that require document information and data for successful completion at the MFP.
For pricing and availability contact a Nuance dealer.
- June 2014: Nuance Equitrac 5.2 and eCopy ShareScan 5.2 Now Available for Konica Minolta bizhubs
- April 2014: New Nuance Power PDF Features Dragon Notes Voice Integration, More
- March 2014: Nuance eCopy ShareScan v5.2 Now Available through Canon Dealers
- February 2014: Nuance’s Latest Version of eCopy ShareScan, v 5.2, Extends Support to Tablets, Smartphones, More