New Ricoh HotSpot Express Provides Mobile Printing Outside the Company Firewall
Ricoh Americas today introduced a new addition to its HotSpot mobile-printing family, HotSpot Express. Designed for organizational use, with Ricoh’s new server-based HotSpot Express, authorized workers and guests can print content from their mobile device to any compatible Ricoh network printer or MFP through a mobile app, by attaching the file to an email, via the HotSpot Express Web print portal, or via Microsoft Windows application. Since HotSpot Express is an on-premise solution, print jobs never go beyond the organization’s corporate firewall.
Ricoh bills HotSpot Express, which is powered by PrinterOn, as an ideal solution for organizations with basic mobile-printing requirements, and says it can be easily upgraded as needed change to HotSpot Enterprise for more functionality, with features such as cluster-server support for scalability, advanced mobile-device management software integration, Oracle ERP printing, and API access for custom workflow integrations. HotSpot Printer/HotSpot MFP is also available and uses the public cloud to move information from workers’ devices to printers.
The firm says HotSpot Express provides administrators with an easy-to-use Web interface to deploy HotSpot Express across multiple users, networks, and locations with little or no IT intervention. According to Ricoh, organizations can employ existing print workflows and security controls, integrating HotSpot with LDAP directory services, mobile-device management solutions, and print-management systems. For more security, organizations can also require passwords for guests in order to use HotSpot Express, and for anyone to release documents from the printer for printing.
HotSpot Express supports Apple iOS, Android, Microsoft Windows, Blackberry, Kindle, and Nook devices. Pricing starts at $1,500 for five printers.
HotSpot supports most Ricoh PCL and PostScript printers and MFPs. For printers that are not PCL- or PostScript-compatible, a PDF conversion module is used to render data. Supported file formats include Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio (97-2013); OpenOffice; Adobe PDF; image files (JPEG, BMP, GIF, TIFF, PNG, PICT); Web pages (HTML, HTM); and text files (TXT, RTF).
For more information on HotSpot Express, visit Ricoh here.
- March 2015: New Ricoh A3 MFPs Feature Mobile Print, ICE Integration, Start at $12,250
- November 2014: New Ricoh MFP Series with Optional Smart Operation Panel for Tablet and Smartphone Use
- July 2014: New Ricoh App for Google Cloud Print Mobile Printing for Ricoh Business-Class Printers and Multifunctionals
- December 2013: Ricoh Maps Out Strategy for Moving from ‘Speeds-and-Feeds’ to Mobile Documents and Faster Business Processes
- September 2013: Ricoh Rolls Out Flex-Release CX Secure Mobile and Pull-Print Solution
- August 2013: Ricoh ‘ICE’ Connects Mobile and Office Workers to 16 Cloud-Based Document Storage Sites, Includes OCR
- August 2013: New A3 Color MFPs from Ricoh with Cloud Service, Mobile Print
- May 2013: Accellion Introduces Secure iOS and Android Mobile Printing for Ricoh HotSpot Enterprise Customers
- May 2013: New Ricoh MP 2501SP is Ricoh’s Most Affordable New Technology Platform for Mobile and Cloud Connectivity
- December 2012: Ricoh Launches Safe Mobile Printing for Mobile Printing Behind the Enterprise Firewall
- September 2012: Ricoh Rolls Out Mobile Worker Services Portfolio