Four New A3 MFPs from Konica Minolta with NFC Mobile Connectivity, Open API
Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. today launched four new MFPs designed for small and mid-size offices, as well as departmental use, the bizhub 287, bizhub 227, bizhub C368, and bizhub C308, which feature a standard Web browser and Open API support to connect to specialized applications and easy access to mobile connectivity.
The MFPs mobile connectivity supports a wide range of devices, including with smartphones and tablets that are NFC (Near Field Communication) capable (for more on NFC connectivity, see our story What Is NFC Touch-to-Print and Why It’s a Big Deal for Mobile Printing). Also featured is Konica Minolta’s INFO-Palette control panel and touch screen.
bizhub 287 and bizhub 227 Monochrome MFPs
Both of these monochrome MFPs are A3 MFPs (print and scan on up to 11″x17″), and are designed to bridge the gap between compact (A4) MFPs and traditional mid-volume A3 office MFPs. The bizhub 287, rated at up to 28-ppm, and the bizhub 227, rated at up to 22 ppm, feature:
- Print, copy, fax, and color scan
- Low energy consumption.
- Use of recycled materials in the manufacturing of the MFP.
- Energy Star and EPEAT certifications.
bizhub C368 and bizhub C308 Color MFPs
The A3 bizhub C368 is rated at up to 36 ppm in both monochrome and black-and-white, while the bizhub C308 is rated at up to 30 ppm in both monochrome and black-and-white. They provide several new features, including mobile connectivity built into the control panel, detachable universal paper trays, and a hard-disk mirroring option. The bizhub C368 and bizhub C308 also feature:
- Standard Web browser.
- Open API.
- 9” control panel featuring a mobile touch area with support for NFC mobile connectivity.
- Optional Electronics for Imaging (EFI) Fiery controller.
For more information and specifications on the bizhub C368, visit Konica Minolta here, and here for the bizhub C308.
- July 2015: Konica Minolta Enhances Mobile-Print and Management with ‘EveryonePrint’, Mobile Management Services
- January 2015: Konica Minolta Adds Lantronix xPrintServer Cloud Print Edition to its Mobile-Printing Suite
- December 2014: New Konica Minolta PageScope Mobile Android App v. 4.0 Provides NFC Swipe-to-Print
- November 2014: Kno2 Healthcare Information-Exchange Platform Now Available for Konica Minolta bizhub MFPs
- October 2014: New Konica Minolta Managed Content Services for Capturing, Sharing, and Retrieving Hardcopy-to-Digital Documents
- July 2014: Dispatcher Phoenix Finance Now Available for Konica Minolta MFPs
- July 2014: Konica Minolta Lays out Compelling Roadmap for Printing: from Production, to Office, A4, and 3D Printing