Slight Dip in Printer/MFP Revenue for OKI’s First Quarter, but Total Sales Up
Earlier this week, OKI Electric Industry of Japan released results for its fiscal first quarter, with net sales up 10.7 percent, and earnings up by 3.2 billion yen, both versus the same quarter a year ago.
For its printer/MFP group, however, net sales were 28.9 billion yen, versus 31.2 billion for the same quarter a year ago, with operating income for the printer/MFP group down 2.1 billion yen, also versus the same quarter a year ago. The firm reports that while sales of new OKI color MFPs started favorably in the forst quarter, sales were lower due to “the shrinking of the market and intensified competition.”
For its full fiscal year, OKI is forecasting that net sales will be 545.0 billion yen, up slightly from the 540.2 billion yen for the previous fiscal year, and earnings will be 22.0 billion yen, versus the 33.1 billion yen for the previous fiscal year.
- July 2015: OKI Acquires Seiko Instruments’ Wide-Format Inkjet-, LED-Printer Subsidiary
- May 2015: OKI Rolls On with Strong Financial Results for its Latest Fiscal Year
- February 2015: OKI Net Sales and Income up for Nine-Month Period and Third Quarter
- November 2014: OKI REPORTS FAVORABLE SALES GROWTH FOR ITS PRINTER BUSINESS, RAISES FORECAST FOR ITS FULL YEAR
- September 2014: OKI RAISES FORECAST FOR FISCAL HALF YEAR DUE TO IMPROVING PRINTER BUSINESS
- July 2014: OKI PRINTER AND MFP BUSINESS ENJOYS ‘DRASTIC IMPROVEMENT’ IN LATEST QUARTER
- May 2014: STRONG YEAR FOR OKI; SALES OF COPIER/MULTIFUNCTIONALS UP
- February 2014: STRONG FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE FROM OKI; RAISES FORECAST
- October 2013: SALES AND NET INCOME UP FOR OKI JAPAN’S FIRST HALF OF FISCAL YEAR