First-Quarter Income Down for Epson, but Printer Revenue Remains Healthy
Seiko Epson of Tokyo has reported results for its first quarter ending June 30, 2015, with revenue up 6 percent to 260 billion yen versus the same quarter a year ago, but net income down 58 percent to 19 billion yet, versus 47 billion yen for the same quarter a year ago.
In its first quarter, revenue for Epson’s Printing Solutions group was up 12.0 percent to 171.8 billion yen, versus the previous quarter a year ago, but down slightly from the previous quarter’s net revenue of 185.0 billion yen.
Within the Printing Solutions group for the first quarter, revenue for high-capacity inkjet models was up, as was revenue for their supplies. Together, revenue for high-capacity inkjet models, their supplies, and serial dot-matrix printers was up 10.4 percent versus the same quarter a year ago. Revenue for large-format printers and point-of-sale printers was “solid,” with revenue for this group up 4.8 percent versus the same quarter a year ago. Altogether, however, profits from its Printing Solutions group were not as high as expected by Epson, resulting in lower profit and net income.
- August 2015: New Epson ‘Supertank’ Refillable Inkjet All-in-Ones Said to Print up to Two Years Without Needing Ink Replaced
- May 2015: Bolstered by Inkjet Revenue, Epson Reports Robust Financial Results
- June 2015: Epson Completes Buyout of Italian Textile-Printing Company For.Tex S.R.L.
- January 2015: Revenue, Income up for Epson’s Third Quarter; Ink-Tank Printers Lead Revenue Growth
- December 2014: Epson Acquires K-Sun to Expand its Presence in the Industrial Label-Printing Market
- December 2014: Epson to Invest 12.3 Billion Yen in Inkjet-Printer, Projector, and Smart-Glasses Manufacturing Facility
- November 2014: Strong Quarter for Epson; Higher-Priced Inkjet Printers Help Drive Growth
- July 2014: Revenue and Earnings Exceed Epson’s Expectations for Latest Quarter
- July 2014: Epson to Invest Some 10 Billion Yen Over 12 Months in PrecisionCore Inkjet Printing
- June 2014: Epson Betting Big on Inkjet, to Invest $100 Million
- April 2014: Epson Reports Sharp Improvement for Fiscal Year; Sales of High-Capacity Inkjets Lift Revenue