Samsung Now Shipping Next-Generation MultiXpress 7 MFP Series with Android-Based User Interface
Samsung Electronics America reports that it’s now shipping its A3 MultiXpress 7 (MX7) MFP series to select U.S. dealers. Features of note include print speeds of up to 60 ppm; Samsung’s Android-based Smart user interface; Dual-Scan with anti-paper-jam technology; and broad mobile connectivity.
Three black-and-white configurations are available: the 40-ppm MX7 K7400LX, 50-ppm MX7 K7500GX, and 60-ppm MX7 K7600GX, while three color configurations are available: the 40-ppm MX7 X7400LX Color, 50-ppm MX7 Series X7500GX Color, and 60-ppm MX7 Series X7600GX Color.
All configurations feature Samsung’s xTensible Open Architecture (XOA) for adding document-workflow applications, and dual-scanning up to 240 ipm (up to 160 ipm for the LX configurations).
According to Samsung, the MFPs connects to “nearly every mobile product,” and wake up from sleep mode in as little as 12 seconds.
Smarter User Experience (UX)
The MX7 series’ Android-based Smart UX Center and 10.1″ color touch screen provide connectivity with the cloud, and document views and edits on any device. There’s also built-in wireless connectivity and NFC (Near Field Communication) connectivity for tap-and-print or scan.
The MX7 series is also the the first to feature a Quad-core CPU processor for faster and more efficient printing. Also featured is a 802.11ac-capable network chip, which Samsung says is three-times faster than the prior 802.11n standard. Other features include Bluetooth Low Energy connectivity, so that the MFPs wake-up from sleep mode when a user is in physical proximity to the MFP.
Toner and Media Capacities
The MX7 series MFPs feature a maximum paper capacity of 6,140 sheets when equipped with optional side and bottom high-capacity paper feeders. There’s also an optional 2,250-sheet booklet document-finisher, and optional 3,250-sheet high-volume document-finisher. Also featured is the Samsung Smart Printer Diagnostic System (SPDS) app that troubleshooting from virtually anywhere.
For more information and complete specifications on the MX7 series, visit Samsung here.
- July 2015: New Samsung Xpress C430 and C480 Color Desktop Models Feature Native Scan-to-eMail, NFC Mobile Printing
- June 2015: Samsung Launches Industry’s First Mobile App for Printer Trouble-Shooting
- March 2015: Samsung Releases Android-Based Smart UX SDK to Developers for Creating New MFP Functionality
- February 2015: Samsung Announces Next-Generation Quadcore CPU-Powered A3 MultiXpress 7 MFP
- February 2015: FollowMe Embedded with Secure Mobile Printing Now Available for Samsung MFPs
- February 2015: New Samsung Desktop Printers with iOS & Android Mobile Printing, Usage Tracking, Secure Printing, More
- December 2014: Samsung on the First Android OS-Powered Printers
- September 2014: Samsung Launches New Marketing Campaign, ‘Smartify,’ for its B2B MFPs
- September 2014: Samsung Acquires PrinterOn, Maker of Mobile Cloud-Printing Solutions, to Bolster B2B Services