New Konica Minolta EngageIT Variable Data Solution for Variable-Data Printing
Konica Minolta USA is rolling out EngageIT Variable Data, a suite of variable data printing (VDP) modules that integrate with Adobe’s InDesign page-layout application for personalized output supported by all Konica Minolta and other digital presses. With variable data printing, print jobs can be produced with differing data – for instance, envelopes can be printed with different addresses within one print job – and its’ typically used in commercial and production printing.
According to the firm, EngageIT Variable Data enables variable elements to be easily added to any InDesign document to create unique output in a wide array of file and VDP formats. It can be used to merge text, picture, multi-line article, or full-page information using data from most sources. All features supported by InDesign are supported by EngageIT, including type on a curve, runarounds, multi-page composition, kerning, tracking, drop caps, and transparency.
Other EngageIT Variable Data features include:
- Sequencing, which allows for the creation of multi-up “Cut & Stack” output.
- CopyFit Module, which provides advanced, on-the-fly copy-fitting capability.
- EngageIT Rules Module that can be used to implement sophisticated conditional logic processing.
- Supports Apple Mac and Microsoft Windows systems.
- Built-in rules engine for conditional processing.
- Automatic copy-fitting and longest-line testing.
- Multi-up layouts with “cut & stack” support.
- Linear and 2D bar-code support – USPS Intelligent Mail, UPC, Code 128, QR Code, Data Matrix, etc.
- Optimized print output.
“EngageIT is menu-driven and there’s no coding language to learn, making it very attractive from an ease-of-use standpoint for practically all printing environments,” commented Sam Errigo, senior vice president of Business Intelligence Services for Konica Minolta Business Solutions, USA. “Its array of available modules and configurations makes it very flexible to accommodate a user’s needs and budget.”
Konica Minolta provides EngageIT in two versions: VDP Desktop or VDP Pro.
According to the firm, VDP Desktop is an affordably priced, robust toolset that can process an unlimited number of database records, and produce multi-page variable output in PDF or PDF/VT format. VDP Pro is the professional edition that provides up to 20-percent enhanced output performance and other advanced features, including master-page swapping, and embedded variables and style tags. It also supports more VDP output formats than the desktop version.
For more information or to request a quote, visit Konica Minolta here.
- June 2015: Three New Fiery Digital Front Ends for Konica Minolta Production Printers
- April 2015: Konica Minolta Says Monotech Acquisition Will Quadruple Its Production-Print Sales Branches in India
- March 2015: Konica Minolta Expanding its MPM Production-Print Program to U.S. and Japan
- October 2014: Konica Minolta Acquiring Italian Inkjet Textile Printer Sales Company, Verga
- July 2014: Konica Minolta Lays out Compelling Roadmap for Printing: from Production, to Office, A4, and 3D Printing
- January 2014: Konica Minolta Acquires Milsul in Order to Enhance Production-Printing Business in Brazil